1st flock getting ready for outside. Do they look ready

They definitely look ready to withstand the temps. I'd gradually expose them to cooler temps for several hours over a few days without the heat lamp. And then move them permanently without the lamp. They really don't need supplemental heat if they are feathered out, but it wouldn't be good to go suddenly from the heatlamp to the raw temperature.

Thanks for the info , the big issue is where do I put a heat lamp on the little coop lol.

Maybe I can open the side window and point it through the window ?

Or wait until tomorrow when it's in the low 40s.

I am going to do a larger barn just not sure if I should turn the goat one into the coop and build a bigger goat barn.

Thanks
I used a doghouse heating pad in my little coop when they where 5 weeks old. Just lean it against the wall and they can huddle next to it

They definitely look ready to withstand the temps. I'd gradually expose them to cooler temps for several hours over a few days without the heat lamp. And then move them permanently without the lamp. They really don't need supplemental heat if they are feathered out, but it wouldn't be good to go suddenly from the heatlamp to the raw temperature.
Mine have done well lows in 40s and 50s with a drop down to 34 last night everyone had lots of bedding shaving and seemed good. No lamp I think they are good now. Looked good at letting them out not huddled together but active.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom