2 eggs...2 breeds. Who layed what?

EllieandOlive

Songster
Aug 29, 2020
West Central Kentucky
I had my first eggs from this years newer chickens.
All on the same day and at 26 weeks. That was a loooong wait.
The larger white is from my polish.
The two smaller ones are from my only two bantams. The picture makes them appear darker than they are though.

So we've got a white laced red cornish game hen bantam and a white cochin bantam.
I'm thinking the light cream is from the cochin as it's matched my cochin bantsms from years past. Never had a wlr cornish bantam though and they're hard to find info on. I was thinking it was the light brown layer?
Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20230821_144129.jpg
    20230821_144129.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 39
So we've got a white laced red cornish game hen bantam and a white cochin bantam.
I'm thinking the light cream is from the cochin as it's matched my cochin bantsms from years past. Never had a wlr cornish bantam though and they're hard to find info on. I was thinking it was the light brown layer?
Thoughts?
I has a few White Laced Red Cornish Bantams in the past. I didn't notice them laying eggs of any specific shade of brown, but they tended to lay really round eggs compared with other breeds. So I would guess the rounder egg (darkest brown) might be the Cornish one.

If you catch one of them in the act another day, so you then know for sure, I'd love an update to tell if I'm right or wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom