2 khaki campbell ducks need rehoming in Ohio

darharris

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2023
Ohio
Hello all, it is with great sadness that I make this post. Due to some unfortunate circumstances I have 2 KC's that need rehomed to a loving home. These are very loving ducks, 12 weeks old. One has a bad wing from a hawk attack last week. She is holding it on her own now and has been using it while bathing so I think it is healing fine. I say she but I'm not 100% sure on the sexes. My hope is that someone who has space and a loving home will take these two in and give them the life they deserve.

Hello all, it is with great sadness that I make this post. Due to some unfortunate circumstances I have 2 KC's that need rehomed to a loving home. These are very loving ducks, 12 weeks old. One has a bad wing from a hawk attack last week. She is holding it on her own now and has been using it while bathing so I think it is healing fine. I say she but I'm not 100% sure on the sexes. My hope is that someone who has space and a loving home will take these two in and give them the life they deserve.
Have you been on your state thread asking?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ohio-come-on-buckeyes-let-me-know-your-out-there.12049/

Sorry I do not and this is a hard time of the year to get rid of any. I would probably be getting two boys if I got them and I surely don't want that. I wonder where in Ohio they are located?
@darharris I also gave them the Ohio Forum thread hopefully someone will take them.

I actually like getting ducks during the fall and winter, the boys aren't hormone-driven and it gives the females time to get settled in before the big hormone urge hits.

@darharris I also gave them the Ohio Forum thread hopefully someone will take them.

I actually like getting ducks during the fall and winter, the boys aren't hormone-driven and it gives the females time to get settled in before the big hormone urge hits.
That's very true. I just think of when my water is frozen up and I have to carry water by hand to them. The more ducks the more water, lol. Water is so heavy to carry. Luckily last winter there were only 3 days it froze up and Hubby just put another outlet on the back of the house for me so hopefully it will not freeze. Time will tell.

Do you use heated buckets at all? I used to carry buckets of water out 3-4X a day for my flock but boy when I found they made heated buckets that sure was a nice find for my ducks chickens and geese. Most of my heated buckets are about 5 yrs old and still working great.

Do you use heated buckets at all? I used to carry buckets of water out 3-4X a day for my flock but boy when I found they made heated buckets that sure was a nice find for my ducks chickens and geese. Most of my heated buckets are about 5 yrs old and still working great.
Yes I have always had heated buckets for them but I have to empty them because they get the water filthy daily and bring them fresh. I have 6 heated buckets and 4 of the black rubber Fortex buckets that are not heated. That way the can splash around in them if it's not freezing out too badly.

Back
Top Bottom