2 month old pullet has small scab with air bubble by it.

May 27, 2019
Kaufman Texas
I have 4, 2 month old ayam cemani. One of them was lying down and didn't try to get away when I went to pick her up. Looking her over I found she limped on left leg. I assessed the leg and found a very small scab on her thigh and there is a small air bubble by it. She drinks and eats but lays around and strethes the left leg out. I have included a picture. The air bubble is by my index finger. Scab is barely noticeable. :flplease help me know what to do to help her. Also her skin is usually black so the light spot is abnormal.
20190702_195411.jpg

I have 4, 2 month old ayam cemani. One of them was lying down and didn't try to get away when I went to pick her up. Looking her over I found she limped on left leg. I assessed the leg and found a very small scab on her thigh and there is a small air bubble by it. She drinks and eats but lays around and strethes the left leg out. I have included a picture. The air bubble is by my index finger. Scab is barely noticeable. :flplease help me know what to do to help her. Also her skin is usually black so the light spot is abnormal. View attachment 1832906
How is she doing?
You mention she eats/drinks but lays around and stretches out her leg - do you have a photo of her doing that?

Was she vaccinated for Marek's?

She is doing about the same. She has a bigger scab now and is still lying around. I have cleaned the sore and put triple antibiotic on it. She is in my house in a tote with wire top.
She wasn't vaccinated but i did take her and the other 3 to the vet and the vet said they are in good health. That was before she got the sore and started limping.

She is doing about the same. She has a bigger scab now and is still lying around. I have cleaned the sore and put triple antibiotic on it. She is in my house in a tote with wire top.
She wasn't vaccinated but i did take her and the other 3 to the vet and the vet said they are in good health. That was before she got the sore and started limping.
Is there any way to have the vet take a look at that?

The vet that will check chickens is only in Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I was going to take her tomorrow after work because i get off work early enough tomorrow but I lost her today. My husband made sure she drank today and we had vitamins and electrolytes in her water. When I got home I went straight to her but she was already gone. :th:hitI am going to call the vet and see if she can tell me what was wrong with her so I can make sure my other ayam cemani teens are safe.
They are not liking the fireworks going off all around us tonight:oops:.

The vet that will check chickens is only in Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I was going to take her tomorrow after work because i get off work early enough tomorrow but I lost her today. My husband made sure she drank today and we had vitamins and electrolytes in her water. When I got home I went straight to her but she was already gone. :th:hitI am going to call the vet and see if she can tell me what was wrong with her so I can make sure my other ayam cemani teens are safe.
They are not liking the fireworks going off all around us tonight:oops:.
Oh No! I'm sorry to hear that :hugs

If you still have the body, refrigerate it and send it to your state lab for testing/necropsy, this will hopefully give you answers.
Here's a link to your state lab system https://tvmdl.tamu.edu/

Back
Top Bottom