2 of my girl started making the bok, bok noise today

EliseH

Songster
May 17, 2023
My 20 week old Cream Legbar pullet, Phyllis did it this morning. She was kinda freaked out when she heard herself and he a bewildered look. I laughed.
This afternoon as I was in the run, I heard a really loud bok, bok noise. I thought it was Phyllis again but it wasn't. It was my 14 1/2 week old Silkie Pullet, Blue. She was so freaked out by the noise that came out of her that she started running like crazy and flapping her wings (for those that don't know, Silkie can't fly). She even crashed into my legs.
It's not like they've never heard the sound before. My Roo, Simon that I got in June, always makes the sounds.
I was always expecting my 20 week old Golden Laced Wyandotte, Large Marge to get her big girl voice 1st because she's HUGE! But nope!
I guess it's different when they hear themselves.
Their reactions to hearing themselves made me laugh so hard.

My 20 week old Cream Legbar pullet, Phyllis did it this morning. She was kinda freaked out when she heard herself and he a bewildered look. I laughed.
This afternoon as I was in the run, I heard a really loud bok, bok noise. I thought it was Phyllis again but it wasn't. It was my 14 1/2 week old Silkie Pullet, Blue. She was so freaked out by the noise that came out of her that she started running like crazy and flapping her wings (for those that don't know, Silkie can't fly). She even crashed into my legs.
It's not like they've never heard the sound before. My Roo, Simon that I got in June, always makes the sounds.
I was always expecting my 20 week old Golden Laced Wyandotte, Large Marge to get her big girl voice 1st because she's HUGE! But nope!
I guess it's different when they hear themselves.
Their reactions to hearing themselves made me laugh so hard.
One of mine started doing that yesterday....they are 19 weeks old and she is the one I figure will lay first as her wattles are bright red and she will squat if I try and pet her. She may have already laid but if she did it's in an undisclosed location :)

Back
Top Bottom