2 wk old chick failure to thrive? Please help

But my question is, is she failure to thrive or what?

And i’ve also seen runts that end up being the biggest in the flock.
You can't know until and unless she does nothing but decline. That's failure to thrive. So definitely give her some Nutri drench or Chick Saver, keep her in with her flock with all that they all need anyway to be healthy and keep an eye on her. You'll know soon enough if she's going downhill or going to make it but be runtish or going to catch up like you say, since indeed that happens.

Failure to thrive usually = failure to live. But I've had runt chicks where I just did my best, give Nutri drench or some other chick vitamin boost, and let them live their best little lives for as long as they could. They are never quite right and can die around 1.5years. It's up to you if you have the space for one that isn't "ideal." If you only want a healthy strong flock, then culling is what it is.
I agree, I don't think we're there yet, but it is a good point. With chicks that don't make it I always trust that it was for the best, and that they most likely wouldn't have had a happy life.

I just looked deeper, the Poultry Cell one doesn't actually have electrolytes in it, just minerals. Is this the one that you have?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rooster-booster-poultry-cell-16-oz

Something with electrolytes would be more effective. This is the one you would want if you can get it.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...-electrolytes-with-lactobacillus?cm_vc=-10011

They have so many products I was getting confused. 😕
Yes that’s the one i have with the minerals. But if i have to get something with electrolytes, i will

You can't know until and unless she does nothing but decline. That's failure to thrive. So definitely give her some Nutri drench or Chick Saver, keep her in with her flock with all that they all need anyway to be healthy and keep an eye on her. You'll know soon enough if she's going downhill or going to make it but be runtish or going to catch up like you say, since indeed that happens.
What’re some signs i can look for that she’s going downhill. I’ve only had one chick die on me and it was sudden

What’re some signs i can look for that she’s going downhill. I’ve only had one chick die on me and it was sudden
Just not moving; eyes closed; head tucked into chest. you'll know.... What you described in first post doesn't sound too bad so I'm just thinking you'd notice her moving around less and less and not eating, drinking, just less activity than you see now. I've always noticed smaller chicks wanting to get under bigger chicks, like they would a mommy hen so I'm not sure if that part is off... Hope she's okay. 🧡

Just not moving; eyes closed; head tucked into chest. you'll know.... What you described in first post doesn't sound too bad so I'm just thinking you'd notice her moving around less and less and not eating, drinking, just less activity than you see now. I've always noticed smaller chicks wanting to get under bigger chicks, like they would a mommy hen so I'm not sure if that part is off... Hope she's okay. 🧡
Yes she’s doing that too, tries to huddle under the other chicks wings like she would do a mom hen.

I wasn’t able to get out and get electrolytes but i found this one google, could i give her this solution for now until i can get to the store?

Attachments

• 49DCA3A3-0E01-4282-B53A-4951FA1369B1.png
    49DCA3A3-0E01-4282-B53A-4951FA1369B1.png
    775 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom