2012 Waterfowl Breeders Directory

Quote:
Sorry for getting a little off topic here OP.
Curious though, when sending the birds say in the horizon containers do you just tape the v9.3 form or whatever to the side of the box or how do you go about it?

I stick mine in an envelope and tape it to the outside of the box.

New question, have you ever had any problems? Like overlooking something in fine print and a states animal health department asking you to get an import permit or anything like that?

Quote:
I stick mine in an envelope and tape it to the outside of the box.

New question, have you ever had any problems? Like overlooking something in fine print and a states animal health department asking you to get an import permit or anything like that?

I put mine in an envelope as well and tape it to the box. The way these items are tracked is you mail 2 copies of the V9.3 to the board of animal health. In turn they sign off on and send a copy to your state. If the shipper needs to attach a permit # to the V9.3 form if it does not have an import permit the birds/eggs will be confiscated and the shipper can be fined along with the receiver. Here is a link to check out. this is from the MN board of animal health link for exporting birds out of MN and into other state. Import permits take about 90 days to get. Your need these prior to shipping birds. THe down side is each state is different. www.bah.state.mn.us/animals/poultry/exports.html.

Hey guys! I PMed speckled hen and this topic was put in the sticky at the top
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif

i will have call ducklings in the spring. for local pickup (ohio)
colors- blue magpie.
pastel.
snowy
black bibbed.

may also ship eggs, we will see how well the girls lay.
can be pmd for details.

also they are not ducks. buttt i have fertile cochin chicken eggs, black & red.

Quote:

I put mine in an envelope as well and tape it to the box. The way these items are tracked is you mail 2 copies of the V9.3 to the board of animal health. In turn they sign off on and send a copy to your state. If the shipper needs to attach a permit # to the V9.3 form if it does not have an import permit the birds/eggs will be confiscated and the shipper can be fined along with the receiver. Here is a link to check out. this is from the MN board of animal health link for exporting birds out of MN and into other state. Import permits take about 90 days to get. Your need these prior to shipping birds. THe down side is each state is different. www.bah.state.mn.us/animals/poultry/exports.html.

I had an interesting conversation with the USPS, they said if it isn't in their regulations they probably aren't going to enforce it, if it is a USDA requirement than if the USDA wants it enforced then they can send someone to the post office to check, if it is a state requirement they can do the same, were not the USDA were the USPS.

Quote:
Thank you
hugs.gif
. We really need more excellent ideas for Stickies like this.

Quote:
Thank you
hugs.gif
. We really need more excellent ideas for Stickies like this.

Just trying to help
hugs.gif
I was hopeing maybe she would make a seprete sticky. But what she did was perfect!

Back
Top Bottom