2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

Thank-you! I did some more research and it's definitely angel wing. Not TWT. It was probably caused by the high protein feed. The 18% "all flock" feed is the only local feed available that isn't meant for laying hens or baby chicks. I'll search for a different feed mill that may carry a different option, but for now, how should I lower the protein? and I'll go wrap his wings right now.

I'm still too over protective to be letting them out all day everyday while I'm not here. I'm in the process of building a large, predator safe run, but it probably won't be complete for another month or 2.
I personally use 1 part whole oats, 1 part Black Oil Sunflower seed to 2 parts all flock by volume not weight..... grass hay is a nice addition if you can't let them out

Lot's of exercise is important too!

Still trying to get photos to upload.....

I only have 2 sebastopol geese; Goosey who is 4.5 months old, and Gooser who is 6 weeks old. I'm fairly certain that they get their exercise. Whenever I'm out with them, we run back and forth up and down the hill. They love spreading and flapping their wings while running down. Their coop is also plenty large enough for them to run around and spread their wings.

By the way, your geese are gorgeous!
love.gif

Quote:
They do get to free-range every other day for about 6 hours. Otherwise, I keep fresh hay in with them. I'll have to buy some oats on Monday. Thanks for the advice!

Took some pictures today of my Celtic goslings. They are now a little over 2 months old. The 2 buffs are Toffee she is the darker buff and Butternut the lighter buff and then JJ the solid grey split for buff.

Took a picture of Hanna and Nikki's gosling. It is a white not sure if female or male but thinking female... This one is 3 months old.

Last edited:
Took these pictures of Gloria's first goslings ever. The gander is Lance grey SB smooth breast. They are 3 months old now. They are Genna and Glenna.
First and 2nd picture are of Genna and the last picture is Glenna.

Back
Top Bottom