2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

So today I was watching my 3 week old chicks, and I am pretty sure one of the cuckoo marans/barred rocks is a rooster! Hoping its true because I want to hopefully keep this one and sell one of my other roosters.

I was looking at mine today and it looks like one of my Partridge Rocks might be a roo. Hoping it's not!
tongue.png

Received my order from Meyers today. 5 Silver Spangled Hamburgs 6 Silver Laced Polish and 10 Assorted Brown Egg Layers and 1 Meyers Meal Maker. One was dead on arrival, 1 (I thought was dead) died shortly after. I have lost 6 more throughout the day. I only have 1 Silver Spangled Hamburg left and I am so sad because they were for my son's 4-H project. I have heard that Meyers is good about replacing or crediting their stock but I am just sad to see my sweet babies die. They were shipped quickly (left hatchery on Monday and received Wednesday morning) and with a heat pack. No extras were included as it says in the catalog. I also ordered the chick electrolytes and the ones that are alive are doing great in the brooder, but I was sad that I was not able to save any of the weak ones.

ayschmidt ... sorry about the chicks you have lost, always hard to have some doa and lose the others so quickly. Darn that it would be mostly the ones you wanted for the 4-H project. Hope the rest of the babies stay healthy for you.

StewedMammal ... Hope the barred chick is a roo like you want!

Gingersnap722 ... Hope the Partridge Rock is Not a rooster for you!

I can't decide if I want to order by mail or wait until my local feed store gets in their chicks. I want to get a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot more, but my husband is not thrilled about that.
hmm.png
I've also been talking a lot about adding goats to our "mini-farm" (lol), so I think he's just fighting all animal additions at this point.
big_smile.png

Received my order from Meyers today. 5 Silver Spangled Hamburgs 6 Silver Laced Polish and 10 Assorted Brown Egg Layers and 1 Meyers Meal Maker.  One was dead on arrival, 1 (I thought was dead) died shortly after.  I have lost 6 more throughout the day.  I only have 1 Silver Spangled Hamburg left and I am so sad because they were for my son's 4-H project.  I have heard that Meyers is good about replacing or crediting their stock but I am just sad to see my sweet babies die.  They were shipped quickly (left hatchery on Monday and received Wednesday morning) and with a heat pack.  No extras were included as it says in the catalog.   I also ordered the chick electrolytes and the ones that are alive are doing great in the brooder, but I was sad that I was not able to save any of the weak ones. 

Gotta give sugar water and electrolytes by eyedroppee to the ones that are weak and not eating. Just a few drops does it

placed order this morning from Cackle Hatchery, getting an assortment of 10 polish, 5 barred rocks pullets and 25 white Cornish broilers and 3 ducks! they ship the morning of the 19th!

placed order this morning from Cackle Hatchery, getting an assortment of 10 polish, 5 barred rocks pullets and 25 white Cornish broilers and 3 ducks! they ship the morning of the 19th!
YAY for you!! I'm getting ducks and guineas in two weeks! Got the chicks! Gonna have three tubs in my living room. LOL ....and I swore it would not happen this year.

Ordered 6 black australopes 6 barred rocks 6 buff orpingtons and 1 buff orpington rooster first time chicken owner hoping to breed them arrive middle of May from Meyers hopefully it warms up so I can get busy on coop:)

Gotta give sugar water and electrolytes by eyedroppee to the ones that are weak and not eating. Just a few drops does it
I did and they still did not make it. I had a couple with Pasty Butt and they seem to be doing ok today but I lost 3 more over night and I got up every two hours to tend to them. They are just not doing well at all. They looked great last evening and about 2 this a.m. those 3 had gone downhill quick. IDK what the deal is.

Back
Top Bottom