2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

Our 2nd Ideal ordered arrived this morning. Everyone made the trip!
smile.png
I ordered 9 pullet Turkens/Naked Necks. They sent 5 males for warmth, black w/white spots on top of their heads, I will look closer to figure out what they are later. I'm going to have to get another brooder. The 6 remaining males for warmth from the first order were already starting to pick on the bantams and the new males aren't much calmer. I have another order from Cackle this week that shipped out today so at this rate I may need 2 more brooders....

Our 2nd Ideal ordered arrived this morning. Everyone made the trip!
smile.png
I ordered 9 pullet Turkens/Naked Necks. They sent 5 males for warmth, black w/white spots on top of their heads, I will look closer to figure out what they are later. I'm going to have to get another brooder. The 6 remaining males for warmth from the first order were already starting to pick on the bantams and the new males aren't much calmer. I have another order from Cackle this week that shipped out today so at this rate I may need 2 more brooders....
your 5 new packing peanuts sound like their barred rocks or maybe black sex link boys

I finally took a few pictures of our chicks. There are 4 bantams and 6 packing peanuts left of the first order. The bantams didn't want their pictures taken. I thought at first all of the packing peanuts from the first order were all EE but now I'm not sure. Everyone has clean legs.

There are 4 black Turkens and 5 others, ranging from dark red to yellow. Then the 5 packing peanuts from that order that I'm thinking are black sex link.

A few of the Turkens.

Bantam 1

Bantam 2

Bantam 3

Bantam 4

These are a few of our 'packing peanuts'. I was pretty sure the first group were all EE but now I'm not so sure...

I finally took a few pictures of our chicks. There are 4 bantams and 6 packing peanuts left of the first order. The bantams didn't want their pictures taken. I thought at first all of the packing peanuts from the first order were all EE but now I'm not sure. Everyone has clean legs.

There are 4 black Turkens and 5 others, ranging from dark red to yellow. Then the 5 packing peanuts from that order that I'm thinking are black sex link.

A few of the Turkens.

Bantam 1

Bantam 2

Bantam 3

Bantam 4

These are a few of our 'packing peanuts'. I was pretty sure the first group were all EE but now I'm not so sure...

Your first packing peanuts seem like they are definably Easter Eggers.

Your first packing peanuts seem like they are definably Easter Eggers.
I have an order of EE pullets coming from Cackle this week so we might end up keeping one if they are.
smile.png
I also wouldn't mind if one ends up being a pullet. What are the odds that a sexing mistake would work in my favor?
big_smile.png

I have an order of EE pullets coming from Cackle this week so we might end up keeping one if they are.
smile.png
I also wouldn't mind if one ends up being a pullet. What are the odds that a sexing mistake would work in my favor?
big_smile.png

There is a 10% chance that one of them will be a pullet.

Hi all, I'm new here.

So fun reading about everyone's chick orders. I recently received 10 blue, black and splash, Wyandottes all the way from Pennsylvania. The 10 were 1-2 weeks old and did great. The 6-7 little packing peanuts did not. :(

I also received a batch of 50 rare ornamental pullets from McMurray. Only 13 of 50 survived. They spent 30 hours in the Denver sorting facility and I couldn't get them, so they arrived in tough shape Monday February 3. It looks like I have:

7 Egyptian Fayomis
2 dark brahmas
1 blue or black Cochin
1 golden laced polish- a real trouper!
And two that I think are lakenvelders.

I spent 6 hours trying to save 30 plus chicks, but couldn't. So sad.

I asked for a refund and am replacing them with chicks from breeders I found here,
3 different batches of 10 BLR Wyandottes, and 10 show potential blue and black Americaunas from Paul Smith.

Oh, and of course, some blue wyandotte and salmon faverolle eggs are on their way. Should be a fun spring.

Also planning on 25-50 meat birds and maybe 4 meat turkeys.

There is a 10% chance that one of them will be a pullet.
I'm going to hang onto all of them just to see! Now, keeping them separated from the EE pullets until we know is going to be fun and I'm sure my husband is going to think I'm crazy for wanting to build them their own pen/coop. I guess we could just find a way to mark them but where's the fun in that?! Plus, with as evil as they are, there's no way I'd want to put anything on them that might draw attention from each other...it would be chaos!

I'm going to hang onto all of them just to see! Now, keeping them separated from the EE pullets until we know is going to be fun and I'm sure my husband is going to think I'm crazy for wanting to build them their own pen/coop. I guess we could just find a way to mark them but where's the fun in that?! Plus, with as evil as they are, there's no way I'd want to put anything on them that might draw attention from each other...it would be chaos!
Good luck! I'm getting a chick assortment from Cackle for next week (I hope, can't order until Friday.) If I can't get them from there, I'll get them from Meyer. (Its my 16th birthday present
big_smile.png
).
Hi all, I'm new here.

So fun reading about everyone's chick orders. I recently received 10 blue, black and splash, Wyandottes all the way from Pennsylvania. The 10 were 1-2 weeks old and did great. The 6-7 little packing peanuts did not.
sad.png

I also received a batch of 50 rare ornamental pullets from McMurray. Only 13 of 50 survived. They spent 30 hours in the Denver sorting facility and I couldn't get them, so they arrived in tough shape Monday February 3. It looks like I have:

7 Egyptian Fayomis
2 dark brahmas
1 blue or black Cochin
1 golden laced polish- a real trouper!
And two that I think are lakenvelders.

I spent 6 hours trying to save 30 plus chicks, but couldn't. So sad.

I asked for a refund and am replacing them with chicks from breeders I found here,
3 different batches of 10 BLR Wyandottes, and 10 show potential blue and black Americaunas from Paul Smith.

Oh, and of course, some blue wyandotte and salmon faverolle eggs are on their way. Should be a fun spring.

Also planning on 25-50 meat birds and maybe 4 meat turkeys.
Sorry to hear about your chicks
sad.png
. I have 2 dark brahma hens from them. Both are only 6.5 lbs and only one actually looks nice (somewhat like the breed). I had a dark brahma rooster from them and he was the friendliest rooster ever, but he passed away when he was only 7 months old.
I got 4 straight run ducks and all were female. What are the odds?

Not very high. I think 1/16! Lucky you, I hatched 34 chicks last month and had 24 roosters and 10 pullets. How lucky am I? Not very. lol. At least I sold all the roosters
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom