2014 New York Chickenstock

Originally Posted by Cass

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceschix

I have 2 kiddos that will be with us. They have been to the last 4 annual get togethers and still they choose to return No, Really it is fun and it is like a village with all of us having similar interests. None of us take things too seriously, life is too short

They are 12 (son) & 15(DD) they can shepherd the "little" kids around ;) My 15 year old DD has already told Tabs dibs on Nora!

I called Dibs on Nora in my first post. But I'll share, I promise.

Now, now ..... :p

Last edited:
Ok
What are you interested in?  If it is eggs or chicks you can PM the person offering them.  If it is what you are going to bring, just say it here on the forum.  If you want people to let you know their interest beforehand, just say that in your post.  (several are only going to hatch/bring what is spoken for so the birds don't have to make the trip home if unclaimed)
... I'm interested in NN, frizzles, white silkies, Marans and I would like a couple guineas. Ill have to scroll up to see who has what. Thanks!!

I adore children! I'll take any spare ones...hahahaha. j/k. First divorce my ex "stole" both children, and being a dual national citizen, I had to beg him not to take my babies out of the county! He's a monster. These ones are old now and I missed out on so much. Filed petitions in family court to obey our out of state custody arrangement sometimes 3 in a week for about 12 years, that was for equal shared parenting...the only way I was able to mediate to appease him to stay in the USA, but NY spit on it and ignored our mediated orders. Not having my children was torture. You all don't know unless you've lived it. The 2nd divorce happened because I got very ill, and thankfully he didn't want our little boy when he decided to leave the marriage. He wanted us to go away and we did. I never in my life thought I could be as close to a human being as I am to my son. I adore him. He is my world, and my greatest joy on earth. We cuddle on the couch most evenings, and he's a teenager now. When his dad left, he woke up crying every night for 8 months. I slept with him, held his hand, told him I'm not leaving him, he was 2. I slept with him until he fell asleep each night until he was 7. This little boy watched me take horrible injectable medication and get so sick, and he took care of me. He was 3! He is unbelievable. He is the most compassionate, caring person in the world, and I'm so happy to be in his life.
So, hug those little ones, life it too short. I hope that divorce doesn't happen to anyone, ever. I believe that it's the greatest emotional devastation that a human being can endure when it tears children from their loving parents.

I'd love to be a grandparent someday. I have asked my older children to come live with us, anytime, and told my little boy that I want him to stay in my home for the rest of my life, and if he has a family we'll do all we can to make sure all are happy there. I just don't understand how a grandparent can NOT want to have their grandchildren around. My older son drives to my folks to shovel snow and help in other ways. These relationships are very important, even more for the older person. I just don't get it.

I used to spend a week each summer with each of my grandmothers.  Looooved it.  (Started when I was only 6 years old)  My mom?  When I told her I was pregnant her instant response? "Don't expect me to watch them, I raised my family".  OMG.  Thanks mom, I'll raise mine differently than I raised yours for you.  Sheesh.  And she didn't.  She watched them exactly 2 times.  BOTH times I was in the hospital having the next one.  And the only reason she did that was because my MIL was 6 miles in the opposite direction from the hospital and she was right across the road.  And then she complained that I woke her up in the middle of the night.  Sorry, mom, but that's when I went into labor....not really in my control, ya know.

(And she didn't raise her own children....I did.  From the age of 6 it was deemed I was old enough to fix breakfast.  Oatmeal was cheapest, so there I was over the gas stove, on a chair, cooking oatmeal so we could eat breakfast before school.  Family laundry at age 10. Canning veggies at age 11.  Fixing Dinner at age 12.  And I don't mean once in a while, I mean ALL THE TIME.  But, since her head injury, she can't remember a single thing from when she raised us kids.  I wonder why. LOL.  The only thing she can remember is putting all the puzzles we dumped on the floor every day together each night.  Ahh, mom?  Don't put the puzzles where we can reach them then.  Oh, but then you would have had to pay some attention to us and get us down a puzzle when we wanted one. Got it)

I grew up pretty much the same, but it was my mom bailed and my dad was a single parent that worked 2 jobs and drank all night, when I told my mom I was pregnant she told me I was making a huge mistake (when I told her I was getting married (almost 2 years later) she said it was the worst decision I will ever make), my dad cried because he thought I would give up my dreams having kids so early (since then I have blow everyone's expectations out of the water), and my dh parents tried to get my to abort so I wouldn't ruin his life ( funny how my kids are now the best thing to ever happen to this family)

My gram supported(emotionally) and helped us the whole time with what she could, she is my hero, rock, and my inspiration!

My
I grew up pretty much the same, but it was my mom bailed and my dad was a single parent that worked 2 jobs and drank all night, when I told my mom I was pregnant she told me I was making a huge mistake (when I told her I was getting married (almost 2 years later) she said it was the worst decision I will ever make), my dad cried because he thought I would give up my dreams having kids so early (since then I have blow everyone's expectations out of the water), and my dh parents tried to get my to abort so I wouldn't ruin his life ( funny how my kids are now the best thing to ever happen to this family)

My gram supported(emotionally) and helped us the whole time with what she could, she is my hero, rock, and my inspiration!
my story is similar. My parents threw me out when I was still in HS. I had a daughter in HS. ( Worked two jobs, paid rent in a attic, finished HS through a bocies teen mom program) Meet my DH 3 weeks b4 we graduated ... In laws tried to get rid of me and our babys. Today we are going strong. 13 years together 4 children all together. Bought our first house in 06. Selling it and buying our second right now lol. he is a worship drummer and I am a youth leader. He owns a construction business and I homeschool the kids. We have normal issues but we exceeded everyone's expectations of us. :) in laws are coming around but my parents are bad alcoholics :( but even through our struggles we are getting better year after year.

I adore children! I'll take any spare ones...hahahaha. j/k. First divorce my ex "stole" both children, and being a dual national citizen, I had to beg him not to take my babies out of the county! He's a monster. These ones are old now and I missed out on so much. Filed petitions in family court to obey our out of state custody arrangement sometimes 3 in a week for about 12 years, that was for equal shared parenting...the only way I was able to mediate to appease him to stay in the USA, but NY spit on it and ignored our mediated orders. Not having my children was torture. You all don't know unless you've lived it. The 2nd divorce happened because I got very ill, and thankfully he didn't want our little boy when he decided to leave the marriage. He wanted us to go away and we did. I never in my life thought I could be as close to a human being as I am to my son. I adore him. He is my world, and my greatest joy on earth. We cuddle on the couch most evenings, and he's a teenager now. When his dad left, he woke up crying every night for 8 months. I slept with him, held his hand, told him I'm not leaving him, he was 2. I slept with him until he fell asleep each night until he was 7. This little boy watched me take horrible injectable medication and get so sick, and he took care of me. He was 3! He is unbelievable. He is the most compassionate, caring person in the world, and I'm so happy to be in his life.
So, hug those little ones, life it too short. I hope that divorce doesn't happen to anyone, ever. I believe that it's the greatest emotional devastation that a human being can endure when it tears children from their loving parents.

I'd love to be a grandparent someday. I have asked my older children to come live with us, anytime, and told my little boy that I want him to stay in my home for the rest of my life, and if he has a family we'll do all we can to make sure all are happy there. I just don't understand how a grandparent can NOT want to have their grandchildren around. My older son drives to my folks to shovel snow and help in other ways. These relationships are very important, even more for the older person. I just don't get it.

iT IS PURE SELFISHNESS ! this Lack of Natural Affection
1 Timothy 3 : 1-5
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For Men will be lovers of themselves , lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 Having No Natural affection , not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

My
Quote: Sorry to hear of all these Bad Parents ....YOU ALL MAde IT Despite THE ODDS !
thumbsup.gif

You cant change the PAST you can change the future ...apply what you learned the hard way ...Love & Take Care of Your Kids

Back
Top Bottom