2014 New York Chickenstock

Tab's chicken obsession

Songster
9 Years
Sep 11, 2010
rome,ny
Date: Saturday May 17th
Time: 11am until ?

Come one Come all! All are welcome to attend.

There will be a Chinese auction and potluck meal. Donations are welcome. I will keep a list of what is volunteered.
You are more than welcome to bring birds, eggs, or other things to sell. If bringing live animals please have them caged with food/water dishes. I have water on site to fill dishes. If you are buying or getting live animals please bring your own cage/box with water dish to bring them home. Please bring your own chair being we only have so many of our own.

This is a rain or shine event. We will have tents set up and have a large garage to use if need be. If you have your own pop up tent please bring it if you can.

Chinese Auction Donations:

Metella- wine/beer
Ke5hde- dozen barnie eggs
Cass- raffle tickets, beer/wine
Pyxis- eggs
Chickenstalker- eggs and jam
Tab- gift basket, bag of feed
aceschix- raffle supplies (brown bags, tape, markers, table clothes)
acescix- eggs and pickles

Food Donations:

EOrpbreeder- mac n cheese
Cass- chips and brownies?
Jlaw- juice
Lapeerian- dill pickle slices and zucchini relish
why do birds- deviled eggs
Tab- sausage and meatballs
Xovan-grill with burger and dogs
Metella- snack crackers and cookie-ish desert
aceschix- food supplies (cups, napkins, plates, bowls, utensils)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that I will be coming. I may have some flower baskets, but it is still to early to tell right now. I do have some house plants started if anyone is interested. I have some spider plants and two more that I can't remember the name of. Once I look them up I will post it. If anyone is interested let me know. I wish that I had some eggs or chicks to bring, but I would only have some mutt eggs for now. I'm not sure what I'll bring for food, maybe something for dessert. Really looking forward to it.

The plants that I have are Spider plants, Golden Pothos, and Elephant Ear plants. I am tying to start some Jade plants too.

I agree with Rancher. Just come. We turn no one away and no one is counting what others bring....we just want to get together and know each other. (I sincerely think that is why we get along better on this thread than many others, because we actually meet each other)

You Know this could be a good time to see if anyone will do a class or demonstration of some kind. Maybe a processing demonstration or class?

(We're not on the list anymore for rolls. )?

I'm planning to bring a piece of fabric and scissors and show y'all how to make t-shirt yarn. (It's simple and reuses all those t-shirts that you just "can't get rid of")

Maybe I'll have time to crochet a basket for the auction. (Bigger miracles have happened.
lau.gif
)

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone for coming and participating in our event! The only thing I regret is that I didn't get to talk to any one person for very long and I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone. Hope you all had a great time!

Who ever made the potato salad, it was awesome! I didn't get to try much of the food but I'm sure it was all good.

How is the egg color with your marans? Are they feather legged? I'm going to have a BBS copper flock this year and certainly wouldn't mind adding some new blood
smile.png
Might be interested in some brabanters too.
I think they're pretty dark... Here they are contrast w a white egg in the middle, blue, below that and welsummer at the bottom:

My marans do have feathered legs. Let me know what you think/if you want any. I might do a presale price so I can judge better what to prepare for... What is everyone else selling their eggs/chicks for?

Have to nudge - global warming is actually a change - and the change is - in Australia and California and Texas - they are having record heat and drought .... we are lucky as we are having the opposite - and it is hard but at least we can live through it.

Changing climate means EXTREMES of weather - not that YOU personally will be hotter than you have been. Bigger storms, changes in average temps and record setting highs and lows.

This is even if it is a natural change in climate .... so natural or helped along by men .... if things ARE changing - then let's prepare for it. Not a political issue - a survival issue.

But my own peeve is the "out my window assessment"

as I am sure Rancher - knowing you are a humorous fellow
wink.png
That is said in a joking manner, but some read it and nod and say Yeah, we are being lied to about this ..... when they just don't understand what it means ... it means globally - things are already a few degrees hotter than they was ...... So plant some shade trees, they help with flooding too.
thumbsup.gif
(that's what I tell anyone who will listen. Both the fact our snow might be caused by global warming and to prepare, cuz it is about survival.....you don't have to be all doom and gloom to know that having a few weeks worth of easy to prepare food in the house is a good idea....Just look at what Irene and Sandy did to areas all over this state....that should tell you to make sure your propane for the gas grill is full, even in the winter and having tuna and beans around all year isn't a bad idea. Might even make it so your family survives with a full stomach instead of searching dumpsters for scraps. And WATER. YOU might be able to survive on the soda, tea and other bottled drinks you have around the house but your animals will need plain water and will be expecting you to bring it to them regularly. I have a well, so I have about 50 gallons around at all times. If they are predicting a big storm I fill up even more empties I keep around for just that purpose. And I fill the bathtub, so I can flush the toilet. LOL)

I think we should require everyone to check in. The roads are bad and we want to know everyone is safe at home.

Just came in from snow blowing again. I am hurting.

Church is canceled for the second time this year. It's usually never canceled.
ok, im checking in, lol

careful up there.

Back
Top Bottom