2014 New York Chickenstock

I need to go buy a snow blower...but knowing my luck, I'll buy one and we'll get no more snow after this and next winter will nothing compared to this one.

If that is what will happen, let me give ya $100 toward that snowblower. I am Sooooo sick of snow. (And I grew up here in NY....I must be getting old)

Got it. Sorry to be so long winded & off topic
hide.gif
. Oops.

If I can make it, I will bring a greek pasta salad to share, a chair, and a bottle of wine for the auction. Hope I can be there. Would really like to meet all of you in person.
smile.png

Does anyone know if it's supposed to snow that day?
wink.png

I certainly didn't mean to imply I would be bringing his whole farm!
smile.png
just thought since I'm already bringing some pre-sold ones for someone else that others might be interested in his breeds. My jeep can only hold so many chicks comfortably & I would have to buy them from him upfront anyway. I love his wide selection of breeds so I just wanted to put the offer out there for anyone who might be interested. I don't meant to step on anyone's toes...!! I've had a couple inquiries about my post so far and will share with everyone: this simply a husband/wife small farm that I prefer to get my chicks from; he has been working with chickens for nearly 60 years, since he was a little boy. I haven't pressed exactly where he gets chicks from simply because I've been so happy with the quality of chicks I've gotten from him so far (bear in mind- I am a rookie so I might not have as sharp an eye for "show quality" as some more experienced). He also sexes them for me which is great. Sometimes he can be wrong, but will trade you back a pullet for the roo (not too helpful for those who are farther away I suppose). From my understanding he gets chicks weekly from breeders and hatcheries. So he is more of a distributor/caretaker I suppose. So anyone who is against hatchery chicks should just disregard my offerings.

I know that silly.
hugs.gif
But I wanted to be clear and I'm not implying that any unsold chicks/chickens etc.etc. will be confiscated and coming home with me? This goes for fruit trees and plants as well. The silkies told me to do it.
lau.gif

Our place has space so I'm not too worried about more birds. I worry about shade and water dishes for them. Tents and dishes are good idea to bring if possible and then we'll put those who don't have tents in what shade we have.

I plan on putting whatever extra birds I have out for sale at the event. I don't have to pack them back into a vehicle.
smile.png

Just wanted to share a picture of the Silkie/Cochin cross pair I've decided to part with. I love these two but I just don't see them working with what I want to focus on this summer. They are a beautiful black and mottled with gorgeous green sheens to them. So soft too! ;-)

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't have a problem with Tab keeping track of the food/auction items and Chick Inn keeping a list of who has what for sale. They refresh the lists occasionally which brings it forward. I know what I'm bringing.
I personally am not comfortable with a third party taking my information and conversations to create a document somewhere other than BYC.
In words of Stoney, my .02

I would like to add 1 large Canadian Maple syrup jar to the Chinese Auction, and a large Kombucha Mother (for making kombucha, mead, dandelion wine etc etc).

I'm going to bring pasta salad - quinoa salad and cut fruit to the food table!

Back
Top Bottom