2014 New York Chickenstock

Oh, that is so exciting!! Please post some pictures. Will any of these be at chicken stock or any hatching eggs? Oops, just finally found the listing of what will be there.

Can anyone please explain how this event works? I am guessing some things will be auctioned and some of the proceeds will go to the person actually hosting the event? What about items not listed for the auction, do people just go to different tables and buy directly? Also, about the food, we bring one dish to pass, is that correct? Is there a fee to come? Sorry if this has all been address before, and if so could someone direct me to the thread? This event sounds so very intriguing and exciting. Thanks!

Last edited:
If someone else is not going to do the name tags I could bring sticky labels

That would be wonderful.   I'll also look for my name tags from last time.....however, the thing that works best?   DUCT TAPE.   Seriously.  That's what we used the first one I went to....stayed on all day....White Duct tape.   I don't have any around, but if I get to Wally's world, I'll pick up a roll.   And permanent markers.

I will have markers for the raffle we can use them for name tags too.

Oh, that is so exciting!! Please post some pictures. Will any of these be at chicken stock or any hatching eggs? Oops, just finally found the listing of what will be there.

Can anyone please explain how this event works? I am guessing some things will be auctioned and some of the proceeds will go to the person actually hosting the event? What about items not listed as for the auction, do people just go to different tables and buy directly?  Also, about the food, we bring one dish to pass, is that correct? Is there a fee to come? Sorry if this has all been address before, and if so could someone direct me to the thread? This event sounds so very intriguing and exciting. Thanks!

Yes, bring a contribution to pot luck BBQ lunch. The auction is a raffle really. Proceeds go to the host to defray costs and work and commitment;) you can set up a space/ table to sell whatever you bring. The very first post does include some info but can no longer be updated, please ask away! We'll all help where we can.
There is also a google doc available to see the lists and sign up if you can access it. Like is just a little bit back.

Do we just bring our own coolers for drinks or is someone bringing some? I can bring a couple cases of soda if needed. I have 3 coolers also.

We usually just put whatever drinks are brought in what ever cooler is available then self serve from there. If you are close to T&T's ice in a cooler would be a good thing. Those of us driving 5ish hours would not have luck bringing ice unless we buy it locally :p

help4me--read the first page of the thread. All the info is there. There is no fee. If you are looking for something in particular, post what you are looking for and someone may have it. We have been making arrangements privately with others regarding chicks and chickens and eggs but there will be some other things for sale there as well. The reason for making prior arrangments for the animals is so that we do not have to bring extras along as it stresses the birds to travel. Yes, the auction will help the host family to defray expenses. Yes, you can bring a dish to share. Someone is bringing drinks but you may bring your own as well.

I am thinking that in addition to bringing your own chair, bringing a garbage bag and perhaps your own dishes and cup and silverware would be helpful. Any other thoughts on how to ease the burden on Tab and Travis since they are hosting us?

Thank so much to both of you, that clears things up. Sorry, I should have thought to go to the first page, but I was looking at the dates so I skipped ahead. Makes sense about the actual PM for certain things, will continue to search out this site. Thanks again.

help4me--read the first page of the thread.  All the info is there.  There is no fee.  If you are looking for something in particular, post what you are looking for and someone may have it.  We have been making arrangements privately with others regarding chicks and chickens and eggs but there will be some other things for sale there as well.  The reason for making prior arrangments for the animals is so that we do not have to bring extras along as it stresses the birds to travel.  Yes, the auction will help the host family to defray expenses.  Yes, you can bring a dish to share.  Someone is bringing drinks but you may bring your own as well.

I am thinking that in addition to bringing your own chair, bringing a garbage bag and perhaps your own dishes and cup and silverware would be helpful.  Any other thoughts on how to ease the burden on Tab and Travis since they are hosting us?

Great idea! Trash bag and willingness to take a bag of trash to dispose for them would probably be a big help! I will bring lots of paper plates and utensils.

I would like to add 1 large Canadian Maple syrup jar to the Chinese Auction, and a large Kombucha Mother (for making kombucha, mead, dandelion wine etc etc).

I'm going to bring pasta salad - quinoa salad and cut fruit to the food table!

Pharmchickrnmom,

I am so glad you are interested in honey!  I should clairify for everyone the sizes I have available.  I have 1 1/2 lbs ($7.50), 3 lbs ($15), 5 lbs ($25) or 12 oz bears ($5 - these are the only size that does not fit the flat rate honey price).  Which size interests you?  :D

Please add me to your list for 3 lbs of honey. Thank you!!

I am up in the air about selling my buff silkie rooster - if anyone is interested, let me know. He's a good guy, but I need the pen and I already have a buff roo. Nice bird, hatched from Bobbi Porto eggs last year.

Back
Top Bottom