2014 New York Chickenstock

Right now I wouldn't say my Dels are dual but they've declined since my big roosters have passed on. I will get them back up though. My Birchens are very nice, and I've a nice size EE roo too. My BR's are good size but have never been good layers. I think it's hard to judge these days. Of course on the farm you snagged who ever for Sunday dinner, so you had to keep a lot of birds. :lol: The CR's are also good size and seem to be laying nicely of late. I think the stress of over crowding affects how well they lay too. I also think some birds don't do well if confined. My Dels are okay but the Birchens and BR's are not. They want out. Right now I could eat a few and still have plenty of eggs. This doesn't include the 20 from today. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
Ooooh beautiful!!!! 20 a day would be heaven to me! Lol

Bong,

Do you play? You know Bing Bong.
lau.gif

Well THIS is a PEEVE of mine. They just keep cutting and cutting and building those God forsaken malls. If were King of the Forest, I'd be shooting anyone who cut down the trees. Every time someone built a place and then it went under they'd be required to replant the area with trees or receive the death sentence. Sorry it just upsets me to see empty building and shopping malls.

All this flooding is due to the " Paving of America". Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got til it's gone, they've paved paradise and put up a Parking lot.

Young people wake up before it's to late.

Joni Mitchell Big Yellow Taxi - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWwUJH70ubM

I totally agree rancherhicks, We lose the trees and bees we can bend over and kiss our butts goodbye.

I remember reading that someone was looking for some Black Copper Marans. I have one that I would rehome if anyone is interested. I don't mind holding her till the picnic unless you want her sooner. She is 1.5 years this spring and has been laying nice dark eggs most of the winter. She went through a late molt and took Nov and Dec off. I also have 3 maybe even 4 sex links that will be 1 at the end of the month that I would like to rehome too. They come when they are called and they are more like pets then anything else. Just let me know if anyone is interested.

Date: Saturday May 17th
Time: 11am until ?

Come one Come all! All are welcome to attend.

There will be a Chinese auction and potluck meal. Donations are welcome. I will keep a list of what is volunteered.
You are more than welcome to bring birds, eggs, or other things to sell. If bringing live animals please have them caged with food/water dishes. I have water on site to fill dishes. If you are buying or getting live animals please bring your own cage/box with water dish to bring them home. Please bring your own chair being we only have so many of our own.

This is a rain or shine event. We will have tents set up and have a large garage to use if need be. If you have your own pop up tent please bring it if you can.

Chinese Auction Donations:

Metella- wine/beer
Ke5hde- dozen barnie eggs
Cass- raffle tickets, beer/wine
Pyxis- eggs
Chickenstalker- eggs and jam
Tab- gift basket, bag of feed
aceschix- raffle supplies (brown bags, tape, markers, table clothes)
acescix- eggs and pickles

Food Donations:

EOrpbreeder- mac n cheese
Cass- chips and brownies?
Jlaw- juice
Lapeerian- dill pickle slices and zucchini relish
why do birds- deviled eggs
Tab- sausage and meatballs
Xovan-grill with burger and dogs
Metella- snack crackers and cookie-ish desert
aceschix- food supplies (cups, napkins, plates, bowls, utensils)

My husband and I would like to come. I have two rolls red and blue of tickets you can use for the raffle if you need more. We can bring a card table or two and some chairs for our butts. I'm the pie lady. I can bring pie. well and cupcakes if anyone likes those
love.gif
what about potato salad? let me know. Hopefully I will have some babies to bring.

Last edited:
Date: Saturday May 17th
Time: 11am until ?

Come one Come all! All are welcome to attend.

There will be a Chinese auction and potluck meal. Donations are welcome. I will keep a list of what is volunteered.
You are more than welcome to bring birds, eggs, or other things to sell. If bringing live animals please have them caged with food/water dishes. I have water on site to fill dishes. If you are buying or getting live animals please bring your own cage/box with water dish to bring them home. Please bring your own chair being we only have so many of our own.

This is a rain or shine event. We will have tents set up and have a large garage to use if need be. If you have your own pop up tent please bring it if you can.

Chinese Auction Donations:

Metella- wine/beer
Ke5hde- dozen barnie eggs
Cass- raffle tickets, beer/wine
Pyxis- eggs
Chickenstalker- eggs and jam
Tab- gift basket, bag of feed
aceschix- raffle supplies (brown bags, tape, markers, table clothes)
acescix- eggs and pickles

Food Donations:

EOrpbreeder- mac n cheese
Cass- chips and brownies?
Jlaw- juice
Lapeerian- dill pickle slices and zucchini relish
why do birds- deviled eggs
Tab- sausage and meatballs
Xovan-grill with burger and dogs
Metella- snack crackers and cookie-ish desert
aceschix- food supplies (cups, napkins, plates, bowls, utensils)
Ah! I finally thought of what I can bring for the picnic: tomato & avocado salad :) yum. And water bottles.
Also for the raffle I'll bring hatching eggs and wine.

Tabs...have you contacted brinsea to see if theyll donate anything?? They did twice for me :D Do alot of butt kissing and tell them all of us use their bators and such blah blah blah They usually send something!!! Murry mc murray ...all the big named hatcheries.. GFF ? They usually donate gift certificates!!!

Back
Top Bottom