2014 New York Chickenstock

Especially if you call it a regional Poultry Fair (picnic/chicken swap included) :) Makes it sound big and you do have peeps coming in from NY, VT, FL ... :)

If no one else calls for her - I can give a home to the BCM hen .... but I do have two, so I don't want to hog the call for that. My Marans roo will love a bigger flock when I separate out for breeding.

I have a SQ roo - but I, personally, do not show .... I just have a customer who is wild over the dark eggs ... so I have a line for her ... and I think I may start a table at the farmer's market this year. Those eggs will sell well - so I want to keep the line going and strong and with new blood.

Last edited:
Same here! love those big dark eggs! so rich and good
love.gif

Date: Saturday May 17th 2014
Time: 11am until ?

Come one Come all! All are welcome to attend.

There will be a Chinese auction and potluck meal. Donations are welcome. I will keep a list of what is volunteered. You are more than welcome to bring birds, eggs, or other things to sell separate from auction. If bringing live animals please have them caged with food/water dishes. I have water on site to fill dishes. If you are buying or getting live animals please bring your own cage/box with water dish to bring them home. Please bring your own chair being we only have so many of our own. This is a rain or shine event. We will have tents set up and have a large garage to use if need be. If you have your own pop up tent please bring it if you can.

Chinese Auction Donations:

Metella- wine/beer
Ke5hde- dozen barnie eggs
Cass- raffle tickets, beer/wine
Pyxis- eggs
Chickenstalker- eggs and jam
Tab- gift basket, bag of feed
aceschix- raffle supplies (brown bags, tape, markers, table clothes)
aceschix- eggs and pickles
Momma-something
Nava- blue NN chicks
Sonew- CCL egg
Lynzi- eggs and dino sauces
Bakingintherain- homemade wine
Glasshen- small quilt
chick inn- eggs and wine
horsekeeper- chicken home décor item
Gramma- themed items (duck dynasty,etc)

Food Donations:

EOrpbreeder- mac n cheese
Cass- chips and brownies?
Jlaw- juice
Lapeerian- dill pickle slices and zucchini relish, ketchup, mustard,
Pharm-veggies and hummus
why do birds- deviled eggs
Tab- sausage and meatballs
Xovan-grill with burger and dogs
Metella- snack crackers and cookie-ish desert
aceschix- food supplies (cups, napkins, plates, bowls, utensils)
Momma- blueberry buckle
Rancher- rolls
Glasshen- pork and beans
Sonew- mac salad and chips
Lynzi- dino pulled pork
Bakingintherain- cake
JWEBB- pie
chick inn- tomato and avocado salad
horsekeeper- deviled eggs

Last edited:
Tabs...have you contacted brinsea to see if theyll donate anything?? They did twice for me
big_smile.png
Do alot of butt kissing and tell them all of us use their bators and such blah blah blah They usually send something!!! Murry mc murray ...all the big named hatcheries.. GFF ? They usually donate gift certificates!!!

No I haven't contacted any companies. I'm not that big on phones. I usually have Travis call.

Would anyone be interested in doing this?

Tabs...have you contacted brinsea to see if theyll donate anything?? They did twice for me :D Do alot of butt kissing and tell them all of us use their bators and such blah blah blah They usually send something!!! Murry mc murray ...all the big named hatcheries.. GFF ? They usually donate gift certificates!!!

No I haven't contacted any companies.  I'm not that big on phones.  I usually have Travis call.

Would anyone be interested in doing this?

I could. Me, Baking, and Metella also run a related nonprofit so they could write it off as a tax deduction if one of us asks, which could be added incentive.

Last edited:
You Know this could be a good time to see if anyone will do a class or demonstration of some kind. Maybe a processing demonstration or class?

(We're not on the list anymore for rolls. )?

You Know this could be a good time to see if anyone will do a class or demonstration of some kind. Maybe a processing demonstration or class?

(We're not on the list anymore for rolls. )?

I'm planning to bring a piece of fabric and scissors and show y'all how to make t-shirt yarn. (It's simple and reuses all those t-shirts that you just "can't get rid of")

Maybe I'll have time to crochet a basket for the auction. (Bigger miracles have happened.
lau.gif
)

Last edited:
I'm planning to bring a piece of fabric and scissors and show y'all how to make t-shirt yarn. (It's simple and reuses all those t-shirts that you just "can't get rid of")

Maybe I'll have time to crochet a basket for the auction. (Bigger miracles have happened.
lau.gif
)

That would be great.

You Know this could be a good time to see if anyone will do a class or demonstration of some kind.  Maybe a processing demonstration or class?  

(We're not on the list anymore for rolls.  )?   

I could do one, if someone would like to donate a bird to the demo :) maybe Metella could bring along the "movie" she made the day I taught her

I'm planning to bring a piece of fabric and scissors and show y'all how to make t-shirt yarn.  (It's simple and reuses all those t-shirts that you just "can't get rid of")

Maybe I'll have time to crochet a basket for the auction.  (Bigger miracles have happened. :lau  )

I love doing that :) I made a rug out of a torn duvet cover a friend gave me, and a trivet from a tshirt

Back
Top Bottom