2014 New York Chickenstock

What exactly is "raw" honey? Is honey cooked or heated that we buy in the store?
Raw honey is not processed in any way. It generally comes directly from the comb, spun out by machine or hand. Honey is stores has been processed and heated to a certain temp before being bottled. Raw honey retains all the beneficial properties that it is touted for. Honey does not spoil. Evidence of this comes from honey found in Egyptian tombs that, when tested, was found to be edible (not that anyone ate it!).

Raw honey is not processed in any way. It generally comes directly from the comb, spun out by machine or hand. Honey is stores has been processed and heated to a certain temp before being bottled. Raw honey retains all the beneficial properties that it is touted for. Honey does not spoil. Evidence of this comes from honey found in Egyptian tombs that, when tested, was found to be edible (not that anyone ate it!).
So the honey I buy at the store, NYS and farmers market fair does NOT have all the benefits of raw. Such as what? I have read that it does not spoil but is that true of processed honey?

Quote: This is what someone who produces honey told me. That all honey is heated to some extent. Its how high its heated that determines the "rawness". There is a set degree that if heated after that is not considered raw anymore. Maybe Happy Henny can explain?

So after many discussions, my dh and I have decided to attend Chicken Stock. I am not good with computers or I would add my name to the list, sorry. I don't have anything to offer except a little Bantam Cochin mix, he's on CL for free right now but if someone from here wants him I will take him off. I don't want him to get hurt by my SS rooster! Is there any food or drink someone wants but isn't on the list? I can make anything.

So after many discussions, my dh and I have decided to attend Chicken Stock. I am not good with computers or I would add my name to the list, sorry. I don't have anything to offer except a little Bantam Cochin mix, he's on CL for free right now but if someone from here wants him I will take him off. I don't want him to get hurt by my SS rooster! Is there any food or drink someone wants but isn't on the list? I can make anything.
Yay another person from here I get to meet.

I have raw honey for sale. $5/ lb. I will bring some if requested. I was going to bring some for the auction table too. If anyone is interested let me know so I can bring enough!

I have raw honey for sale. $5/ lb. I will bring some if requested. I was going to bring some for the auction table too. If anyone is interested let me know so I can bring enough!

Im in for 3lbs of honey!!!! We go through alot of it!

Unpasteurized honey is one best things I've seen to heal bed sores and abrasion gives boost to the immune system. Used it on a client with MRSA wound screwed around with over priced creams for six weeks honey cleared it up under six days.

Back
Top Bottom