2014 New York Chickenstock

Tab-
So sorry to hear about your roo :( good luck with the hatch.

Just wondering- for those who feed non-organic what do you usually pay for feed? I order in bulk and will be able to bring 50# bags 18% protein layer pellets for $11/bag if anyone is interested...??? This is not marked up from what I pay- just figured I could pass the savings along but space will be limited...
edited to add- feed is from gramco in springville, ny
What type of feed is it and what brand? Is it pellets, crumbles or powdered form? I may be interested depending on what type it is

Hey all... wow I don't think I've been on this site in two years (amazing I remembered my password)... Tab I'll probably bring a desert of some sort if that's ok?? I can't wait to see you all. (and I still need your address in Rome :)

Lovins

Hey guys- getting excited for the swap. If you are joining this thread late try chicking out the spreadsheet ;)

I'm excited to be getting some chicks from marquisella and chickinn !! Especially since my sister has been looking for le fleche for so long
~~ still looking for a few wheaten ameraucanas if anyone has them, please PM me

Hey guys- getting excited for the swap. If you are joining this thread late try chicking out the spreadsheet ;)

I'm excited to be getting some chicks from marquisella and chickinn !! Especially since my sister has been looking for le fleche for so long

Lady Libra has wheatons. I'm not sure if she'll have chicks for the swap, but I'll bet you could get eggs!

We will have wheatens of several ages and eggs for the auction.

I plan on collecting whatever I have the week before the event and putting them out. I won't have BLRW though. My final mature rooster was found dead yesterday. No signs or symptoms and not a mark on him. I'm going to try hatching the next few days worth of the girls eggs and pray for fertility.

So sorry was he young Roo ? Stony says thats a birth defect ...when they die at 8 -9 months .
My Roo that died at that age appeared normal except when he was stressed & chased by another Roo ... then he acted like he could not catch his breath .
I think he must have had a heart abnormality.
I read somewhere that a hen stays fertilized a couple weeks after mating...wish you the best of luck

Back
Top Bottom