2014 New York Chickenstock

Anyone want some baby ducklings at the picnic??
;-)

Also, I have a smooth sizzle that I've decided to part with due to that fact I really have no use for him and do not intend on purchasing anymore sizzles at the moment in case this move takes place soon. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can send pics.

Last edited:
Okay, going on record as definitely having welsh harlequin duck hatching eggs available. They are laying fiends and I just added nine of their eggs to my incubator. None of them have missed a single day since they started.

Do your ducks find someplace else to lay if you take their eggs? I really don't want 1000000 ducks....5 - 6 would be nice, but not 14. So I was thinking of removing eggs occationally before she starts sitting....cuz that worked so well, when I removed the first couple she laid. LOL

Something took my broody duck. 14 eggs wasted. ( I knew she wasn't safe where she was nesting but moving her was almost impossible, cuz I couldn't get to her) Sigh. BUT!!! The other female was laying in the little box I have outside for the ducks...I kept picking up her egg, daily. She found another place to lay. IN THE COOP, under the nest boxes!!!! I am SOOOOO excited she is laying there and I am not touching her egg. EVER. So I am still hoping for ducklings.

Quote:
PEDv only really effects newborn piglets, but it has a fatality rate of about 100% which is why it's decimating pig populations. After they are weaned if they contract the virus they normally recover. My farm is in lockdown. We used to let people into the barn or pasture to pick out their piglets, but not anymore. We bring the piglets to a viewing area and they can pick them out from there.

i will have eggplant (purple beauty) green zebra tomato, and pepper (sweet cherry blend, purple beauty, and serrano chili) all organic seeds and dirt :) starts to sell but will only bring what is preordered they are huge have been going for about 2 1/2 moths now. $3 each if interested

PEDv only really effects newborn piglets, but it has a fatality rate of about 100% which is why it's decimating pig populations. After they are weaned if they contract the virus they normally recover. My farm is in lockdown. We used to let people into the barn or pasture to pick out their piglets, but not anymore. We bring the piglets to a viewing area and they can pick them out from there.

You are a smart farmer. (I knew I read something about piglets dieing...poor piggies)

i will have eggplant (purple beauty) green zebra tomato, and pepper (sweet cherry blend, purple beauty, and serrano chili) all organic seeds and dirt :) starts to sell but will only bring what is preordered  they are huge have been going for about 2 1/2 moths now. $3 each if interested

Ill take 4 eggplants please!!!

Gramma ... I just walked the property today - and have my eye on one just for you ... if I can get it up with decent rooting - then its yours. :)

I'll start with all the best ones I can get ... I think I can get everyone one good one and one nibbled one ... no promises as my back may not let me get into some places .... but even the one footers will grow FAST - at least a foot and perhaps two in the second year.

Got my daffodils and day lilies going wild now !

Back
Top Bottom