2014 New York Chickenstock

I found my list of things I am bringing/buying (meaning people I owe money to for things I ordered)

I am bringing :

chips and brownies
Beer for Auction (Gonna get those individual beers....see if any have chickens on the labels. LOL)
Tickets for Auction.
White duct tape (Lowes today for wood..I'll look there for it.  Anyone else have some?)
Rooster for Horsekeeper (If she still wants it)

I am adding a "tart warmer with wax " and some cute new christmas minatures to my auction offerings.  (I won these things at another auction and have no use for them.  Thought I did, but I don't.  You know how THAT goes)

People I owe money to:

2-3 Maran chicks from Aceschix.  No price set yet
2 pints Maple Syrup (from I forgot) @ $9 a pint
3 Marans from Chick Inn  $5 each
1 or 2 Rhode Islnd Reds from PharmchickenMom.  No price set
Trio of Autosexing chicks from SoNew123 ...$40....expensive but well worth it.  (My neighbor almost fainted when I told her I was going to "cull" the little baby roosters if I had too many.  OH WELL.  That's why I am paying big bucks....in the long run I will save money in not feeding a bunch of roosters only to eat them at $15 a pound when you consider feed costs or GIVE THEM AWAY...worse still.)

If I asked you to bring me something and I forgot, please let me know.  I want to make sure I bring enough money.

I have white duct tape too and lots of permanent markers

I have boxes with the bubble wrap and filling. From eggs shipped to me.

One is a heavy styrofoam container large enough to ship 20 eggs.

Would anyone like these? It seems a shame to throw them away.

I'm not sure how'd I get them too you but if anyone nearby is going to the chickenstock perhaps they could pick them up and take them.

It's not likely I'll make it. Also would anyone be willing to bring me chicks or eggs I've ordered? I can meet you somewhere. If you require payment we can work that out, privately.

DW thinks she'll be up to coming but I doubt it. Please remember her in prayer.

Here is what I can bring if anyone is interested:

Two bantam cochin cockerels, 7 months old, one partridge, one black, $8 each
Two bantam cochin cockerels, 5 months old, both partridge, $5 each
One bantam cochin pullet, 7 months old, partridge, $10 each SOLD
Two standard cochin roosters, 1 year old, one silver laced, one buff, $15 each
Six standard cochin chicks, 1 month old, buff rooster/buff-silver laced-gold laced hens, $5 each
Five pekin ducklings, 5 weeks old, $8 each 2 SOLD
Six sweetgrass or fall fire turkey poults, 2 weeks old, $10 each SOLD
Muscovy duck hatching eggs, $10/dozen
Standard cochin hatching eggs, $10/dozen
One very cute and sweet tempered mixed bantam rooster, 1 year old with feathered feet and barred feathering, free

Also, we are all getting ready to garden, and I don't know about you, but I have way more seeds than I need for planting. How about bringing 10-12 seeds of the leftovers in labeled snack bags and throwing them all into a basket to share with each other. (I know I overdid it buying seeds and they will just go to waste
smile.png
)

Forgot to mention I also have a trio of year old pekins that are laying and fertile, a trio of year old muscovies laying and fertile, and a pair of heritage RIR that are a year old.

i would like the bantam cochin pullet please :) i also have some seeds i could bring to throw in the pile :)
the duck trio was me, but i have been meaning to message you, i think i am going to pass, i have decided to just stick with one breed of ducks this year, till i can set up another separate area for another breed

The pullet is yours, Baking. What kind of ducks? I've got some nice ones.
lau.gif

I will post an updated list of everything that is still available tonight when I get home.

Is anyone seriously interested in the blue lace Wyandotte laying flock? I've had several people contact me with interest but no commitment yet.

Last edited:
I have boxes with the bubble wrap and filling. From eggs shipped to me.

One is a heavy styrofoam container large enough to ship 20 eggs.

Would anyone like these? It seems a shame to throw them away.

I'm not sure how'd I get them too you but if anyone nearby is going to the chickenstock perhaps they could pick them up and take them.

It's not likely I'll make it. Also would anyone be willing to bring me chicks or eggs I've ordered? I can meet you somewhere. If you require payment we can work that out, privately.

DW thinks she'll be up to coming but I doubt it. Please remember her in prayer.

I would be interested in the bubble wrap but not the stryrofoam or peanuts .
How many chickens are you thinking of ?

Here is my list of stuff I'm bringing and buying.

horsekeeper: 1 dozen of BJG and GCM hatching eggs
Gramma Chick: 4 days old ducklings
Nuttyfrom6kids: 4 month old ducklings + 1 dozen guinea eggs + 4 bunnies (black,brown,light gray,and fluffy grey) PAID === friend is buying two gray bunnies
sonew123: 5 GCM chicks
OrchidCanoe: 1dzn GCM eggs
SAHchickenmom: 18 guinea eggs

Stuff I'm buying:
1dzn lav orp egg from marquisella
10 OE chicks from aceschix

I'm bring cookies for my dish to pass and guinea hatching eggs for the raffle. If I have a good hatch with my golden cuckoo marans I might also bring some extra chicks with me. I also have black jersey giants in the bator that no one has shown any interest in. I'm only going to bring some of them if someone wants some. I'm sold out of all my hatching eggs except maybe my guineas. I got 11 eggs yesterday and if they continue to lay that well I might be able to get one more dozen out of them. I'm not going to pre-sell them because it's not a certainty, but I will bring them with me if I do end up with another dozen. Depending on how my hatch goes, I will probably have more mixed breed ducklings available if anyone is interested.

I also have 3 young bobwhite quail I would love to get rid of. They are in the house and are pretty much full grown. I would just give them away, but my husband wants something for them so if anyone wants them PM with an offer.

Rancher, I could pick up stuff you need taken and bring back what you have ordered, if you give me detailed, fool proof instructions. It appears that I have a responsibility that evening, so must be home a little early. I think your DW will not feel like going. I had a mini procedure like that and was kind of ok in my house, not moving around, but traveling and socializing would have been a huge effort, and I was about 32 then...so I think your instincts are right.

I would be interested in the bubble wrap but not the stryrofoam or peanuts .
How many chickens are you thinking of ?
There are no peanuts it's a Styrofoam box. with bubble wrap for each egg. Very secure for shipping eggs. I had thought to keep it and send it to anyone I order eggs from and have them send it back with the eggs I buy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom