2014 New York Chickenstock

And the young ones all together. Bantams, 2 tetra tints, 2 reds, 2 w leghorns, all the same age so you can see size difference, got them in March. (Only the banties are available, the others are for my egg laying)

My big GLW roo is why I am reconsidering the bantams. He is a good boy, but the size difference will be too great. ( disregard the mostly naked Frizzle lol)

I have a trio of show quality silkies - one buff roster, a buff hen and a black hen, approximately 8months old. Anyone interested, PM me. I am only bringing birds if they are pre-sold. $60 for the trio
Thanks

I have better pictures, these do not do them any justice at all

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone had a silkie hen or 2 that they wanted to sell on the cheaper side. Any color other then buff/brown? Would prefer that they are definitely hens, don't want a chance of a roo. Doesn't have to be a great layer. Just looking for some friendly silkies that my kids can take care of, and that will goo broody at least once in a while. Does not have to be show quality.

Please send me a PM with pics and price if you have something that will fit the bill. Not to picky, just would like it to be any color other then brown.

What time does it start?
I'm brining some deviled eggs, red raspberry starters, and I have been saving egg cartons for several months if anyone would like them. Nobody laid any eggs yet.
hit.gif
Some are Styrofoam and some are cardboard style. Please let me know if you would like for me to bring anything else.
Items I'm buying:
1+ plum trees as are available
1+ maple syrup as is available
Hopefully more stuff! BTW Does anyone have a chicken diaper that would fit Fredo? Now that we moved the birds into the back hall, he crows like crazy if he can't "see" us. He may do better walking around the kitchen in a diaper, as he's not used to being away from us, even for an hour. He also stops crowing if he hears the TV, but they don't have their own TV out in the back hall.
I wish I could buy hatching eggs but can't until we move and our house is built.
barnie.gif
I must be strong and hold off! So just lmk what time to arrive.....Thanks!

Fredo, taken May 7th, on the old trampoline. Please lmk prices if you have a diaper that may fit him. He's about 2x bigger than our silkie. He is cochin/silkie cross.

What time does it start?
I'm brining some deviled eggs, red raspberry starters, and I have been saving egg cartons for several months if anyone would like them. Nobody laid any eggs yet.
hit.gif
Some are Styrofoam and some are cardboard style. Please let me know if you would like for me to bring anything else.
Items I'm buying:
Hopefully more stuff! BTW Does anyone have a chicken diaper that would fit Fredo? Now that we moved the birds into the back hall, he crows like crazy if he can't "see" us. He may do better walking around the kitchen in a diaper, as he's not used to being away from us, even for an hour. He also stops crowing if he hears the TV, but they don't have their own TV out in the back hall.
I wish I could buy hatching eggs but can't until we move and our house is built.
barnie.gif

Fredo, taken May 7th, on the old trampoline. Please lmk prices if you have a diaper that may fit him. He's about 2x bigger than our silkie. He is cochin/silkie cross.

I could DEFINITELY use some egg cartons! By the way...the Target egg cartons are AWESOME for duck eggs! They hold them perfectly and the cartons can close! LOL My mom has been saving them for me.

The pullet is yours, Baking. What kind of ducks? I've got some nice ones.
lau.gif

yay! and oops the ducks was meant for marquelis still not too handy with this quoting thing lol
What kind of pepper plants do you have again??
pm'd you back but i have serrano (spicy), thai hot (spicy and small), purple bells (sweet), and sweet cherry blend

So here is what I have so far: Bringing the following

Trio of heritage rir chicks for Nutty=pd
Trio of Silkies for Lynzi=pd
Silkie pullet for Baking--pay at picnic (20)
4 silkie chicks for Pyxis--trading for vege plants
Veges and humus to share

Ordered

1 plum tree from metalla
honey
vege plants
rasp and blackberry plants

Possible pickups
maple syrup
soap

If I ordered something from you, please remind me again. I need to print some money before I come up!
ya.gif
can't wait for her! putting the finishing touches on their house this week

What time does it start?
hit.gif
Items I'm buying:
barnie.gif

I could use some egg Cartons

Hi everyone!

Trying to help a friend out who wants to buy day olds (or young chicks) of different breeds that she can enjoy on her new property with her husband and three children. Her beliefs don't want to support a system that culls day old male chicks and she would rather buy from a hobby/serious breeder that can supply some good ol egg laying girls to start her own very flock. Does any one know someone in the Orange County area that she can contact for this? She lives in Warwick, NY

Would the NY ChickenStock be a place someone their family could go and see to buy some chicks? Is it open for newbies to come take a look around or is it more for established members here?

THanks!
MB

I will be sorting my young stock and chicks this week. Whatever I'm not keeping will be available at the event for sale. Everyone is welcome to attend. It is set up to start at 11am at...

6397 Lowell Rd
Rome, NY 13440

The first page of this thread has basic info about it if needed (the lists are not up to date there because BYC doesn't let you edit after a certain amount of time).

Back
Top Bottom