2014 New York Chickenstock

We are re-organizing our garden area and this shrub needs to go. I don't remember what kind it is, but it's now in the way. It is an evergreen shrub and it is FREE to anyone who wants it. I will bring it to the Chickenstock if someone wants it. There is only 1 shrub. 2 different angles.
I'll take it Henny...some of my plants from last year didn't make it thru the winter and I need fillers now.

Remember when we didn't know what weather was coming and blizzards were a surprise?

I remember the blizzard of '66. I went to Stowe, Vermont to ski that weekend. a 5 hour drive normally. Started driving home sunday around noon. It was snowing, but nothing terrible. Coming down 87 from Glens falls to Albany was bumper to bumper. By the time we got to Fonda. its was 8pm & the Thruway was closed & had to get off there. Found a motel, to stay at, and my friend & I had to scrounge around to find enough money to pay for it, no credit cards then. I think it was $25. Got up the next morning, drove on Rt. 5, thruway was still closed, and finally got to within a mile of my house, when I ran into, literally, a mound of snow, that a plow had left in the middle of the road when it plowed the intersection. I remember calling my father, but how I did it I don't know.....no cell phone. He walked down & shoveled out my car. We drove to the house, but the road was not plowed it was on, so I had to park across the street at the diner. Walked through waist deep snow the 100 feet to the house. I remember getting inside & breaking down sobbing...it was a long, long trip home. I was 20. My car was a Corvair, loved that car...black, with red leather interior, 4 on the floor.....ok, finished with reminicing.

Phew that was a long story...
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom