2014 New York Chickenstock

I too thank Tab and Travis, it was great! So good to meet more people, and to see those I had met a couple of years ago. Very happy with my Syrup, Honey and Soaps, and the rose of Sharon's are growing happily in cages from the bunnies and deer. When I got home I showed DH my purchases and got him to move the raffle cracked corn! He said "did you get any chickens?" I said no, and the lovely man said Why Not? He is a fine man!

I put away eggs and realized the refrige held 9 dozen. So delivered several dozen to friends and family and a hostess gift...things are manageable again.

And then there was book club! What a lovely day!

Thanks Tab and Travis!!!!!!

On the way home I realized that I never took my camera out of the car. I had a great time meeting a bunch of you. I missed a few peeps that I wanted to make a point of meeting, so I guess I'll have to wait till next time. When I got home with my new babies dh wasn't to happy...
Me: I'm home.
DH: How was is?
Me: Great. I won this awesome quilt, got some honey and got a cool bar of soap.
DH: yeah (watching TV) good.
Me: There were lots of chicks and I was really good and didn't get any of them. I wanted to but held strong.(in a quiet voice) and I only came home with 2 chickens.
DH: You came home with what?
Me: Only 2 silikes
DH: 2 too many!
I brought them in to show him...
DH: They are ugly.
Me: You sound just like Rancher.
DH: Rancher who?

I wish we would have done the culling demo. When I got home and went out to get the eggs, my SS roo came at me again. Little bugger. He is running out of time to be good or I'll have to do some studying on youtube!

Luv,
We had the opposite conversation.
DH: How was it?
me: Awesome. They raffled hatching eggs. There was a dozen that didn't have a ticket in it.
DH: Oh, did you buy tickets?
me: yes
DH: Oh cool, so where are the eggs?
me: I didn't put a ticket in them.
DH: you mean you went there and didn't bring home ANY eggs to hatch?
me: yes.
DH (disappointed): oh, well, then I guess we have to wait.

lau.gif

Enjoy those gorgeous beautiful Silkie chickies! Was so nice to meet you and everyone. What a nice group!

Loved how Pyxis was so lucky. The folks want to bring her to bingo with them!
wink.png

The food was absolutely terrific! Yum! Thanks so much everyone!
hugs.gif

Why do - Yeah she was lucky -but it didn't rub off !!!

I wanted that homemade jelly because I am just never good at it .... No jelly.
rant.gif
I'm not lucky - but I hope my luck is holding off to let me win when I finally buy that lottery ticket.
wink.png

I'm going to laughing when ALL those eggs hatch (because they weren't shipped) and she has 100 new fowls in 3 weeks. ha ha ha ha

Had such a great time! Thanks Tabs and Travis!

Next year Stock at our Farm in NH. It is 3 hours 45 min from ;)Tabs. Who's coming?

Well you will need to give us basic address to measure how far. Also might be nice to give some sights to see or places to visit. If we come I'd like to make it a two or three day affair.

Why do - Yeah she was lucky -but it didn't rub off !!!

I wanted that homemade jelly because I am just never good at it .... No jelly.
rant.gif
I'm not lucky - but I hope my luck is holding off to let me win when I finally buy that lottery ticket.
wink.png

I'm going to laughing when ALL those eggs hatch (because they weren't shipped) and she has 100 new fowls in 3 weeks. ha ha ha ha

How far are you from me. I have plenty and need to make room for the new stuff.

Had such a great time! Thanks Tabs and Travis!

Next year Stock at our Farm in NH. It is 3 hours 45 min from ;)Tabs. Who's coming?

Well you will need to give us basic address to measure how far.  Also might be nice to give some sights to see or places to visit.  If we come I'd like to make it a two or three day affair. 

Claremont , NH. 03743.

Last edited:
Thank you to tab and Travis. So glad I finally met some people. I know I haven't been posting much lately bit it's definitely nice to meet the people that I see posting. I doubt I could make the 7 hr drive to nh but my fiancé said if it's during tuna season he'll go and drop me n the kids off. Lol. I was surprised when my son said thank you for bringing us. He had a blast which surprises me since most of the time all he wants to do is play video games.

Sad that I didn't get to me you rancher and I wish the best for you and your wife. Also somehow missed jlaw. Or I saw you and didn't realize it.

All my new birds are in their respective cages and brooders. And my eggs went directly into the incubator. I got home to my fiancé saying are you expecting a package no. He names the sender. Those are the package that's been missing for 10 days. He says well it's leaking yolk. Grrrr. My post office lady searched for 3 days and finally gave up. Only 1 broke and the rest were fairly clean and got put directly into the incubator with all of my and my friends eggs that got brought home. Really want my Swedish flower hens, choc orps and rhodebars so I'm gonna try.

Claremont , NH. 03743.
241.97 miles/ 5 hours. Might be a bit too far. Lately we make our decisions on whether we can fly south to see the grandkids for the same amount of money spent. If I can fly to Houston for about the same money, I choose Houston. Last trip was $303 round trip. I'm sure you understand.

Claremont , NH. 03743.

[COLOR=434343]241.97 miles/ 5 hours.  Might be a bit too far.  Lately we make our decisions on whether we can fly south to see the grandkids for the same amount of money spent.  If I can fly to Houston for about the same money, I choose Houston.  Last trip was $303 round trip.  I'm sure you understand.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=434343] [/COLOR]

I sure do! :) I'm sure we'll be back at Travis & Tab's before we all know it.

Back
Top Bottom