2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Practicing loading a picture. My 7 guineas in progress.

How did you see the internal pip?  Candled? 
 You will only ..  see..an external pip.  And hear...cheeping at times.  :)   Can take anytime from within the hr..to 24 hrs.. to hatch once externally pipped. 

I thought an internal pip was where you see shadows and a break in the air sack? (Via candeling)

day 21, one Silkie hatching, one pipped and expanding it's hole, one pipped the wrong end. The first two look like paint Silkies! I can see white with a little black on each. Every time I hatch eggs from this breeder I get something totally different. I may have to do one more hatch this month!
big_smile.png

day 21, one Silkie hatching, one pipped and expanding it's hole, one pipped the wrong end. The first two look like paint Silkies! I can see white with a little black on each. Every time I hatch eggs from this breeder I get something totally different. I may have to do one more hatch this month!
big_smile.png

Awesome!
celebrate.gif

AHHH!
ep.gif

I just opened one of those eggs, totally expecting dead chicks. I opened the one I wanted to hatch most and its still alive! It still has most of the membrane around it, its barely bleeding, I have it wrapped in a moist paper towel. Is there any hope for it? It is very tiny for its age. I thought I had cooked them under that heat light. My incubator isn't suppose to be at high humidity right now, but I have to keep it at that for my hatching eggs. I'm a little panicked right now.

Any suggestions?

I just set 8 (ebay) seramas on the 1st of August. This will be my second hatch. 1st was not a success so I decided to join a hatch-a-long.

Back
Top Bottom