2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Yea! My incubator load is starting to hatch! I hope to farm them out gradually to the setting white leghorn phenomenon!

These were brown shells, one with yellow on face and wingtips possibly from BA hen? (have Prod'n Reds, Barred Rock and BSLs too) The Roo is BSL

So adorable!

Yes, that is likely a Black Australorp mix.

I am on day 19 and I had an egg hatch. Is that bad? Only 3 days early, and he acts perfectly normal and everything. He is a bit tiny though. He is also a Rhode Island Red. 3 more days and the rest should hatch!

He/she is just plain adorable!

I am so jealous of all of you with new hatches! This is my first time with the incubator and the waiting is making me crazy! Unfortunately don't know the exact hatch date for most of the eggs because they were given to me and at different stages. Also having high humidity with no water. Could be the hygrometer is off but showing about 65 with no water at all.

I have one egg that should be any day/ hour / minute. ha ha it has filled the egg completely with only the air cell showing now. Worried about this one as it is a side cell.

Candled everyone last night and all seems to be alive still... just no pips yet.

Thanks everyone for showing pics of the new chicks. this is encouraging.

I am on day 19 and I had an egg hatch. Is that bad? Only 3 days early, and he acts perfectly normal and everything. He is a bit tiny though. He is also a Rhode Island Red. 3 more days and the rest should hatch!

From what I've learned,they can start to hatch as early as 3 days. So on day 19. I don't think it's bad,especially if the babe is doing well and showing signs of thriving. Congrats and yay on the rest! I'm also on day 19 today. No chicks yet,though. Aren't they wonderful?! God bless!

Last edited:

He's so cute! As long as he remains strong, he should do fine.

Congrats on the hatch!
celebrate.gif

Ok let's try this again. From what I've learned,they can hatch as early as 3 days. So on day 19. I don't think it's bad,especially if the babe is doing well. And showing signs of thriving! Congrats and yay on the rest!!! I am also on day 19, no chicks yet,though. Aren't they wonderful?! God Bless!

Last edited:
I am so jealous of all of you with new hatches!  This is my first time with the incubator and the waiting is making me crazy!  Unfortunately don't know the exact hatch date for most of the eggs because they were given to me and at different stages.  Also having high humidity with no water.  Could be the hygrometer is off but showing about 65 with no water at all.

I have one egg that should be any day/ hour / minute.  ha ha it has filled the egg completely with only the air cell showing now.  Worried about this one as it is a side cell. 

Candled everyone last night and all seems to be alive still... just no pips yet.

Thanks everyone for showing pics of the new chicks.  this is encouraging.

Lord sustain her! It is hard to wait!!! I'm there with you!!! I'm so anxious. I'm on day 19 so any time now. And I'm being impatient,I tell ya!
1f616.png
It'll all be so worth the wait honey. Keep us updated! Pics too
1f604.png
God bless.

Me confused?  lol...nothing new.  This old lady gets more and more confused as the yrs. fly by.  I just share what I've experienced or read. 
Well, that is really very interesting that they did not like those gray babies.  Little stinkers!   Sure sounds cute that they hang around each other with their little ones.   That would be really cute to watch..I just love chickens!   Now that you've got the hatch down, you can keep asking questions here, or, go to the raising chicks threads.  So many out there that can help you with any question you might have.

I have some babies out this morning.  Two out and more pipped.  These were e-bay eggs, so shipped, and they did really well.  Others due day after tomorrow.  I'm in for some babies.  Will get some photos of some fluffed babies.

Love love the baby photos!   Those little turkeys are so cute.  They make the cutest sounds when they are little don't they? 

The baby chicks are cute ..oooh..is that a blue chick in your hand?  I really like blue's.

@Pugg
   Don't be scared.  Enjoy.  :)   So many threads to help you out on here..or ask here for a while..here is the thread..you may already be aware of it..just ask away.  Folks on BYC love to help out.  :)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks

A www that might've been my fault! The way I originally explained it I can see how it would be taken that way. Oopsie! I know right?! It was terrible coming across the dead grays. And I'm onto them now. I'm keeping my eyes open,as the chicks are about due,I'll save any grays or any period that they try to hurt. I'll get a video of the mamas hanging with their chicks. Will be even more interesting when these additional babes get here! Yes ma'am I ask lots! I'm definitely not ashamed to reach out. I know so little compared to the people here. So kind they are. Always willing to help out. Very knowledgeable. Congrats on your babies!!! Yes I love pics toooooooo! Lol. God bless.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom