2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Well, they are hatching. I have two blue babies..not black! Yay, hope I get more of them, I want some blue girls out there. The last batch of these from flock came black from these eggs. White and white with black spots from the white eggs. I have a lot of pip. These eggs are slower than I'm used to. Today is hatch day, but I usually get a lot of pips and hatched ones by the end of day 20. Must have had my temps just right this time. :)

@GitaBooks
Pics please would like to know what shape of an animal to get for my two new little oegb hatchlings :) as they will be alone for two weeks.

Update:Both healthy but a little sticky however only the back of the head and neck were affected. Didn't seem like my last hatch with sticky chick but I could be wrong it's only my second hatch. Any ideas? Also for the life of me I couldn't remember will their toes straighten at all? My second one hatched a little after 8 am but I think it's toes are curled or looked that way at hatch. Looks like we might be making him/her a pair of boots later. Don't want to hurt the baby though I know it'll help it in the long run. Gotta dry first though. Will post pics when dry.

Hi! Were you referring to the stuffed animal I put in for my bantam chicks???

My Silkie eggs are on day 17. Some of them have tiny air cells so we'll see how it goes. I had a few turkey eggs that came from an abandoned turkey nest so I wasn't sure what day they were on and they didn't look like they were all on the same day but I guess they were because I had 2 mid egg pippers last night, but one already died
sad.png
The other is alive but not pipped yet. I hope I get 2 so they can have a friend!

Quick update, day 14 and the egg I thought may have been a quitter definitely had movement today :) so glad I decided to keep it!

So I still have no pip. Candles and still no internal pip but I saw it move. I put it back in but how long do I wait. I don't know what to do if anything.

Back
Top Bottom