2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the half and half water and bleach.  I use hot hot water to rinse first, then the cold for final rinse.  Then I put the lid on, and turn the heat up!   I let it stay hot for an hr.  
   Fun to hear how others clean.  Anyone else?  Share?  :)

I use oxine ah and turn it up to dry out.

Yes, clean the incubator--I use lysol all purpose cleaner. You can also let it sit in the sun for an hour--kills a lot of germs that way.
Thanks. I cleaned the incubator well. I put the 7 viable eggs in the clean homemade incubator. They were all in the LG (likely infected) incubator together so I'm hoping they aren't infected. I took pictures and will share them later. The 4 Brabanters look great ontheir Day 8. I have 1 Lav Am, 1 Barnevelder, and 1 BCM left that look ok on their Day 11.

Last edited:
I'm still wondering what happened to prize's eggs? Was going to candle last night after having a power outage. I think it was prize!

Sorry Cynthia, I forgot to post and then went to bed! out of the 7 most of the rolling air cells are re attached, one that I saw a moving embryo in it. two that still have rolling air cells, one has development, one or two clears, that I'm keeping in the bator the rest had pretty good embryos

example of clear on day 8.

example of ooze on day 11.

another oozer.

I'm not going to mess with the 7 remaining but should have taken a picture of the pretty Brabanter embryos. Fingers crossed that they make it.

I have a request. Please keep this board as a discussion about how to hatch chickens and Halloween. I'm beginning to get uncomfortable with the religious discussion and am considering leaving the Hatch Along.
Does anyone have any advice on how to treat my remaining 7 eggs? Yes I'm down to 7 from 24.
I second that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom