2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh dear me...it's for animals..
big_smile.png
Thanks for posting!

When I have gotten my shipped Serama eggs I get a couple that do this but I attributed that to tiny eggs in a shook up shipping box. After a while, they did develop & the bubbles stopped rolling around when the veins pretty much set them in place.
I don't know why an egg brought in from your yard would do it, though. Maybe your chickens are dropping them or having egg tossing contests out there
big_smile.png
I knew it! Stupid birds are hiding their true talents from me!

I hope the veins are able to hold it in place. I'm excited to see what happens.

Sorry Cynthia, I forgot to post and then went to bed! out of the 7 most of the rolling air cells are re attached, one that I saw a moving embryo in it. two that still have rolling air cells, one has development, one or two clears, that I'm keeping in the bator the rest had pretty good embryos
thumbsup.gif

TJ! This is a great thing to share! Thank you. Having a test like that really does say something. Very interesting!

One time I had my strong teenage boys shake an egg in each hand as hard as they could for as long as they could and they couldn't break the air cell. But, if they put one in a sock and spun it then suddenly stopped it, the egg scrambled. With or without breaking the air cell. For shipped eggs, I think it's the long term vibration and constant jiggling that does them in.

The seller said they were laid within the previous 48 hours when I bought them. I believe her. I was dry (25%) hatching for the week. I've noticed the rapid air cell growth and increased humidity. I'm running at 40% now.

Are they going to replace them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom