2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
f6f0ea6db677d56.gif
133865846_right_back_at_ya_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Ok I'm out of the hatch a long for now. I was moving the quail tray and my dog barked (something he never does) scared the crap out of me and I dropped the tray. Lost all 90 eggs. I'm saving up more so hopefully I can join next week.

Good morning @Sally Sunshine This is the plucker we built. It took about a couple of hours. We had the barrel behind the shed. We take stuff to the dump quite frequently and found an old washing machine that we harvested the motor. Bought the fingers from amazon. Found the pulley, belt etc from tsc. It plucks birds in about 3 seconds. You have to spray with water continously while using. You can find information online to build it.

So sad day. My husband was "helping" me put the eggs in the 'bator, and bumped my arm as I was picking up one of the D'uccle eggs. And of course it was too broke to "fix". So we decided to check for fertility. And it was fertile. So one gone from the little eggs, put the marans egg in the bator for now. deciding if I want to keep it or not. It is by it's lonesome in a corner. I've made sure no eggs are in the surrounding few spots. So out of 36: 1 an early goner because of a stupid accident, and 1 possible before arrival. Oh well, such is life.

It's always hubby's fault...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom