2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did the first candle, and all seven eggs are fertile! Even the little pullet CCL egg I set. That one will be a sex link, so everyone think pullety thoughts for it :fl

Congrats to both of you! Looks like a few people in here got their badges today
smile.png

Thank you!

Set my eggs that came in the mail today, it's been 12 hrs.  I usually wait the 24th, but these were out there for 3 days, and I'm not quite sure how old they are..soo..here I go with some of the prettiest, and I mean the prettiest EE eggs I have ever bought!  Some are F1 OE eggs..now that makes me excited as well!   Boy these eggs are pretty.  Need to go lift the lid off and on for the next half an hr.  They were still pretty cool from having them in the room I had them in to rest.  Can't wait for my new bator to come, these will go in with a turner.  I don't usually like the fan, but my friend has this bator, and has great hatches..of course, her eggs come from her own flock.  Still, giving it a go.  Should come by early next week.

I'm trying my second set of eggs in the same incubator. I'm glad to hear your friend likes hers! My first batch was 1/12, but only 5 developed at all. I'm hoping the second batch has a little more success.

Sitting on my hands is so hard... especially when nothing is happening that I can see... Making sure the humidity stays up., but that's about it. I have some sponges in the incubator with an aquarium tube run between them that i've been keeping wet. But the suspense is killing me! I saw one rocking a little bit last night, but not any visible pips yet. Ugh, so suspenseful!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

KEEP YOUR HANDS BUSY!!!!!

c9cfb68fa3d950534f7f8d4f0b4500be.jpg

Lockdown on my quail eggs this afternoon. Hoping for a good hatch, hens will be added to my current flock and most roosters will be sent to freezer camp.

I candled my chicken eggs and threw out the wheaten ameracauna. 3 lavender orpingtons and 4 lavender ameracauna look great. Not bad for shipped eggs.

ETA; my chicken eggs are due to hatch the 25th.
fl.gif
sorry about the wamera
sad.png
but great on the others!!!

Need some help. I have an egg with the air cell attached to its side. I had hoped that over time it would move to the proper position but it hasn't. He's been in the over for 11 days and happy as can be. I'm really worried that he's going to have a hard time hatching. Right now I have him in an egg turner but I'm debating whether or not to put him in a different bator and hand turn him. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
sometimes this happens and hatch out fine, just keep an eye on them, mark air cells as you would all others.

I can go pick some up nearby and ship them to you if you'd like

you are so kind!
hugs.gif

Thank you we try and work hard. A start in building new incubator we try to give our son a little bit of Halloween by using past years decorations. I don't have a big farm but love my chickens pigs rabbits dogs cats. House full of life. He was Leonardo last year. It still fit so he will be it again these year .so he can go to his activity on Halloween day. Morning my gym event children fitness Halloween party should be fun for him. And we have a moms group party in the evening at chucky cheeses should also be fun for him.
I see its so full of life! love it!!! chuckycheese will be awesome!

LOL@ CGilbert. Just finished candling some more eggs. I did NOT date them ............was in a bit of shock over a lossed loved one. It's all good now just going by candling brail......

WHat are ya'lls thoughts on refrigerating eggs prior to incubation? I've seen some posts on others threads about this but as often as everyone here hatches..........I would like your opinion.

My bator issue is finally fine tuned! No helping any chicks but one out of my last hatch. The young man watching the house for us left the heat up to 102 and 2 of the poor little ones were panting so hard they guzzled fluids when I got them out.....the other one gave up so just laid it down in the brooder with the others and it was more than ready! It just rolled over and got up before flopping to rest. My hygrometers have been the culprit. If I leave them at 85% no issues the last two batches. After all this at least there's a resolution. :)
hubs put fridge eggs in this time and they are all growing!!! keep waching we will see if they hatch, but so far they look normal!

It's all dark meat. I can't think of anything to compare it to but it does taste better wrapped in bacon imo. Thanks, sorry about your BLRW. I want to get more lavender ameracaunas but can't find them anywhere. These came eggs from a member here. Hoping all else goes well on your hatch. Good luck!
I am so mad about the one lav hubs kept and she will be processed with our others in a few weeks when meaties are ready, she only laid for a very few short weeks! never had a bird do that before! and she lost her color after months old, now she is a dull gray! she was adorable too from day one!!! grrrrr

OMG OMG... So I finally heard the eggs peeping!!! Sitting here at the computer desk, and heard them peep! I have my phone text alert set as some peeping i recorded a few months ago, thought it was my phone... Go hover over the bator and "peep peep peep!!" so excited! Someone get some rope and tie me to the chair so I can't hover!!
you are just too much! I love how much you make me smile!!! I hope you have a chick till I catch up~~~!!!!

These is just a few candled in bathroom randomly. Try to show my son. Education. There way late we will try to water test soon when I have more help in the house.

I don't see development in those eggs, unfortunately.
I dont see embryos???? either @tracyjg

Testing. These eggs are questionable, but still have a chance. I figure they're good test subjects. There are three pot lids under the grate filled with water. The coldest part of the bator is running 95 but the area the eggs are has been steady at 100-102 so far. The thermostat arrives tomorrow so I'll continue to fiddle with it. Humidity is confusing. I ordered another hygrometer. This one reads 42% but I have a lot of water in there. I do have it covered with a piece of wood but wonder if a different cover would work better. Maybe plastic?
read the eggs and get that humidity down for now

Unfinished wood absorbs water. Old redwood incubators used this principle to buffer humidity. New plastic incubators do not, so you can be too dry or have too much condensation. Monitor the air cells rather than the humidity of the air in the incubator. Also, sponges or plastic storage container lids have more surface area and raise humidity more quickly than bowls do.
x2 use humidity as needed only to created the correct weight loss

I hope I am not late for the hatching party.
I just received these gorgeous eggs from @Cowgirl75446

gosh you sure do have pretty eggs! so cool to see all these batches gonna hatch on the thread! your welcome to join us in chat and helping everyone hatch these babies! @Cowgirl75446

I have 30 quail eggs ready to set this evening. Will wait til days end to get a few more, then the hatch-along begins here:)
shhhhweeeeetttt!!!!

Do the air cells look bigger in the older ones? Usually you can tell how old they are by the moisture they have lost compared to other eggs kept in the same environment. If I am setting older eggs that have larger air cells, I give them more humidity, accordingly. But if I were you, I would incubate them all according to how the best/freshest ones look since they will have the best chance.

Soooo- Get a good look at all air cells for comparison and shipping damage and go from there.
exactly! I try to never set huge air cell eggs with fresh eggs or say my CCL with my serama and so forth! CCL need barely any humidity and serama need humidity do to smaller size and shell thickness

My girl Bonnie layed her first egg today!! It's so tiny.

lovely egg color too!

these is why we don't candle with 4 year old.
ooopsies!

ha ha ha

OK so I couldn't help myself. I candled a couple of the eggs. Only the leghorns because of the white shells. I see cute little red spiders. Yeah. I can't be the only one sneaking a peak already. Haha
you only candled a few????? come on, you candled ALLLL of them no????

I've always got coturnix eggs. Ive been feeding them to the chickens, dogs, cags, even throwing tbem away. I'm done hatching till next year
there ya go!!! there are your eggs!!!

Have a 4th pip tonight! But this one may be a bit of malposition. It's pipped toward the middle of the egg rather than by the aircell. Pip #2 is going to town with the zipping tho, almost half way around already. He's in a hurry to get out and I don't know why!

Edit: Speedy is also the loudest too...
go chickies!!!!!

Set my eggs on the 11th. Can't wait for some chicks. I have to come up with some "spooky names." I'm also getting a serama rooster and pullet!
I didnt Hubs yet, I guess I am certainly not getting NNecks now, no message or response. boooooo and I dont want to fire up another bator and if I set serama they need different humidty ughhh
so I stick with what hubs has in..... :(

I gasped out loud- Im amazed that my eggs got here in one piece!

sweet air cells?????
I just did the first candle, and all seven eggs are fertile! Even the little pullet CCL egg I set. That one will be a sex link, so everyone think pullety thoughts for it
fl.gif
awesomeness!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom