2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is great! Did you make any changes to how you started them?

Not really. Let them sit for the night and set them te next. I think the fact that the air cells where pretty good helped a lot.

awwwwwww your so sweet!!!  I am so glad to have you with us too!!! :hugs

Thats so cool!!!! great team!!!

I am not a cat person but I just fell absolutely in love with that middle cat!!!!    

AWESOME!!!  fluffers up babies!!!!  they are gonna be so cute!!!!!  Congrats!!

oh crap, this is a bummer, this is why I have four in the bator when I start and then I keep three in it for the duration, everyone used to say I was nuts!!!  you just never know when they go phsyco or how they will respond to a low battery :( or even how they respond after long humidity durations :( :hugs

I just dont trust them worth a snootin shootin booger I tell ya! :old

your kidding me!!! I feel your pain, that sucked! awwww  I have CKD III on top of all the other crap and been there many times, I am sorry, I am glad you are feeling better now :hugs make sure you make the changes they said ok? not something to mess with , not at all!!! :hugs   I am still so sad about those 24 floppers for you :( you know where we are in the new thread we are always here to help right!

Quote:
awwwwwwwwww  Look at the cuties!!!!!

YAY and look at the pips!!

:love

Love to hear this!!! Cant wait to see these chicks PC!

I will be sure to post pictures! :D

There are NO UGLY babies LOL. (previous hatches)

The clown

And last but not least, the little one I got too attached to and never again:

All babies are CUTE!!!!!!

LL
see the shell vs the membrane that has the vessels that encase the embryo/chick, you cant even see this through a pip most times!
This looks like what's been "normal" for me when the bator had issues...............then the inner one dried too. Too much stress making burritos all the time so this batch has had NO issues with temps, humidity from cooking till done...........thank you and I'll wait till they pop out of there :D

So back to hatchers anonymous,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a friend is coming out..............we are making a few more coops and runs etc. I decided to go with EE vs Bielfelders............still thinking about the B's LOL. Either way isnt' it all about enjoying chickens!!???

My question: I have been assuming that the white means a dry membrane, but now I'm wondering if that's true. The chicks that have hatched best for me needed no assistance and had white membranes. Maybe dry can be better than translucent?

White membranes are normal. When they turn tan or brown that indicates higher risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom