2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your support. As far as how or where they got it I'm not sure. I have no idea they have never seen the flock and only have been out on grass for 15 minutes and like I said that was two or three weeks ago while we were upgading their brooder. They have been doing great up until yesterday. Even the night before they were all seeming fine and perky and healthy. I have no idea what to think.
There are two other brooders with older birds in them that have not yet been fully integrated with the flock outside but they have not had contact with the 7 weeks olds. The plan was to start introductions this week. Obviously that didn't work. So does everyone think I should go ahead and treat them all? And if so are the eggs safe to eat? Should I also treat my outside flock as the oldest birds in the brooder do spend all day outside with them?

Help this is the first I'm dealing with this and last night I had nightmares that I walked in the sun porch and almost all of the birds in the brooders were dead. :( it was a very long night last night but the three seven week olds left all survived the night. Should this give me hope or should I still be very worried? I have been giving the two who seem the worse off(the third seems completely healthy) egg yolk laced with electrolytes to try and help them through this.

Any and all advice would be appreciated thanks. And please keep hoping and praying for the chicks and my flocks

Sadly one of my little duccle chicks died.
1f630.png
the reason was failure to thrive

That sucks! Bad bee, shouldn't sting such an awesome person!!
hugs.gif

Wanna see that cute, spoiled little bugger of yours, lol... glad you're gonna try again... TJchickens is great!
big_smile.png
You're so sweet!
hugs.gif

This was this afternoon watching me get ready for work. She makes a great hair tie holder. Bad coffee warmer, though. Keeps getting poop in there
sickbyc.gif

I'm really digging these sporadic white feathers popping up.
big_smile.png
& yes! @TJChickens is super awesomesauce!
oh no! I feel for you! be careful! I almost lost my son at 3 and his profession now? Linesman ughhhh
How many chickens can I squeeze in a 24 ft space coop?
Depends...how high can you stack them & are you using butter to grease the sides to get more in there?

Sadly one of my little duccle chicks died.
1f630.png
the reason was failure to thrive
hugs.gif
I'm sorry hun

you guys are welcome to come over here now, most of us have moved over now https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ds-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends/810
Heading over now!
big_smile.png

yes he better carry one!!!! and she is a she!!! and she is getting so big!!! yay!!!!! and cute!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom