2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're so sweet! Don't worry about it, hun. We'll have a month after I put it all to soak & I might get it together after my aat visits Thursday. We can figure something out if you really want:clap

:love :hugs

You're the best!! We'll work something out, just let me know!! Thank you!! :D

2 hatched, 3 pips, 21 unknowns.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments. I haven't been able to be on here much. I just caught up on this thread, but the new one is going to take some time! I can't sit at my computer right now and am just using my kindle. While my family is gone to PA, I decided to restore our old saltillo file floor. I have all the furniture in a big pile that I keep having to move. All the birds, mostly parrot your birds, are outside because of the fumes. Of course it turned cold and rainy, so it's been a major juggle. I can't light a fire or cook our I might blow up. Me and the dogs and cats are camping out in one bedroom if we're not with the horses.....Should be done with this mess by Friday.
Scovy, I'm excited about you looking for land! But stay away from those bees!! And I'll let you know about the availability of more eggs. Maybe I can send you some Saturday?

I have one girl that also lays pale pink eggs, but no way could any of my other be an EE, I don't think, as they are Delaware, BR, Australorpe (and she's the one I'm suspecting is giving me those eggs). My EE gives us blue eggs and my little bantam, Diva graces us with very small white ones when she's in the mood:) I have one hen who lays her egg and pokes a hole in the end of it . Can't figure out which one is the little stinker who's doing that:)

Have to ask, is it a hole, like an open hole, or is it a flattened little area in the end.  I found that if they are laying on a hardened surface, like they used to before I put carpet in, then if the egg was pushed out pretty fast, they would get flattened.  I used to think just having the shavings in there was good enough, but they do move it around, some of them, to make a nice little round nest, then it exposed the wood.  Now having that carpet has stopped that from happening.   Just a thought, a better thought that someone is pecking a hole in their egg!  Good luck on finding out what's up!
Not flattened. It's a definite hole usually in the small end of the egg.
Carpeting? I would never have thought of that. But how do you keep it clean? We use straw and I make it fluffy then they go in and often sweep out the middle to where there's hardly anything left. I often add just a light sprinkling of DE in the nests , so with that and straw, I can't see how carpet would work for my girls and honestly I don't have the energy to have one more thing to keep sanitize and clean out there.

Last edited:
I have one girl that also lays pale pink eggs, but no way could any of my other be an EE, I don't think, as they are Delaware, BR, Australorpe (and she's the one I'm suspecting is giving me those eggs). My EE gives us blue eggs and my little bantam, Diva graces us with very small white ones when she's in the mood:) I have one hen who lays her egg and pokes a hole in the end of it . Can't figure out which one is the little stinker who's doing that:)

Have to ask, is it a hole, like an open hole, or is it a flattened little area in the end.  I found that if they are laying on a hardened surface, like they used to before I put carpet in, then if the egg was pushed out pretty fast, they would get flattened.  I used to think just having the shavings in there was good enough, but they do move it around, some of them, to make a nice little round nest, then it exposed the wood.  Now having that carpet has stopped that from happening.   Just a thought, a better thought that someone is pecking a hole in their egg!  Good luck on finding out what's up!
Not flattened. It's a definite hole usually in the small end of the egg.
Carpeting? I would never have thought of that. But how do you keep it clean? We use straw and I make it fluffy then they go in and often sweep out the middle to where there's hardly anything left. I often add just a light sprinkling of DE in the nests , so with that and straw, I can't see how carpet would work for my girls and honestly I don't have the energy to have one more thing to keep sanitize and clean out there.

2 hatched, 3 pips, 21 unknowns.
Hopefully more will soon hatch for you. We were a bit disappointed with our 40% hatch rate for the Halloween Hatch-Along. So we just set another 31 quail eggs this past Sunday.

I was going to send you a pic of one of the "holey" eggs, but apparently Michael ate it last night:) If or when I get another one, and I'm sure I will, I'll try to remember to shoot over a pic of it:)

That sucks! Bad bee, shouldn't sting such an awesome person!! :hugs Wanna see that cute, spoiled little bugger of yours, lol... glad you're gonna try again... TJchickens is great! :D
You're so sweet!:hugs This was this afternoon watching me get ready for work. She makes a great hair tie holder. Bad coffee warmer, though. Keeps getting poop in there:sick I'm really digging these sporadic white feathers popping up.:D & yes! @TJChickens is super awesomesauce!
oh no! I feel for you! be careful! I almost lost my son at 3 and his profession now? Linesman ughhhh
How many chickens can I squeeze in a 24 ft space coop?
Depends...how high can you stack them & are you using butter to grease the sides to get more in there?
Sadly one of my little duccle chicks died.
1f630.png
the reason was failure to thrive
:hugs I'm sorry hun [CONTENTEMBED=/t/1020981/2015-halloween-hatch-a-long-join-us-if-you-dare/3540#post_16075245 layout=inline]Quote:[/CONTENTEMBED]
you guys are welcome to come over here now, most of us have moved over now https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ds-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends/810
Heading over now!:D
Sally, I'd love to join you all, but we haven't incubated chicken eggs, and I really don't know if we will bc we just don't have room here right now. So we are only incubating quail. Should I change my mind this Spring, I may fly on over then, bc I'll be looking for help from you and other seasoned chicken breeders I'm sure:) Thank you for opening this new thread and inviting all of us there:)

Sally, I'd love to join you all, but we haven't incubated chicken eggs, and I really don't know if we will bc we just don't have room here right now. So we are only incubating quail. Should I change my mind this Spring, I may fly on over then, bc I'll be looking for help from you and other seasoned chicken breeders I'm sure:) Thank you for opening this new thread and inviting all of us there:)
we are hatching everything lol talking about everything too, come over silly!
actually Mims has just set quail and I have been begging others besides myself to give her tips on quail!!! I have a huge post I posted again burried by now on QUAIL HATCHERS TIPS NEEDED LOL
th.gif

@lynnhill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom