2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

Babies first time outside and they hate it :D

Congrats on the pied, 8! I know you were so hoping for one. Where are the pics?

Serv, beautiful babies!! Congrats on your latest round of hatching!

Thanks lain! I needed more color in my flock lol I had 3 whites, a gray pied and a white with barely noticeable gray patches. I will get pics of the new ones as soon as they dry off. After the pied I got a male 3/4 tufted & today a saddle back hatched. All except the first have HUGE tufts. I have 3 more pipped. Hopefully all survive and I can watch them grow up.
Here is the first one all fluffy and alert. The baby named it Boo Boo gosling lol

Last edited:
7 eggs, 7 goslings! Thats the first time I have had all the eggs hatch that made it to lockdown. I thought I was doomed again when 3 quit early in incubation. I didn't have to assist any of them & the last 3 to hatch are all pied or saddlebacks I only ended up with 2 white ones.
I'm still trying to figure out where the HUGE tufts came from on the dark goslings. Has to be a throw back to their grandma Ethel.

So far I have 5 out of 6 eggs hatched with one going to hatch in a hour or two.
Batch 2 gave me 3 males and 3 females.
Batch 3 (6 eggs) is due in 2 weeks and then the incubating stress will be over until next year.
Nice gosling 8.
Did you get any dark babies?

So far I have 5 out of 6 eggs hatched with one going to hatch in a hour or two.
Batch 2 gave me 3 males and 3 females.
Batch 3 (6 eggs) is due in 2 weeks and then the incubating stress will be over until next year.
Nice gosling 8.
Did you get any dark babies?

The 2nd one that hatched was a brown pied tufted 3/4 Chinese it has white wings and should have a white chest and maybe a neck ring. Then the next was a saddleback with small dark markings will be covered by the wings. The rest, if I lined them up it would look like a color morph from dark to light saddle back to splash. I'll get pics posted soon I'm still playing with them to get them tame.

Last edited:
Excellent hatching rates for both of you! Congrats! Hope to have the same success here. I have four weekly hatches scheduled starting a week from today. Fingers crossed for buff and white babies!!

Back
Top Bottom