2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

My surprise buff dewlap egg is rocking along, and on track to hatch on Christmas day. It would be such an awesome gift if this baby hatches, and a nice finale to the 2016 hatchalong thread.:D

Only seeing this now! I'm really excited for you! Such a funny surprise to have such a special gosling haha.
Wonder what the last hatch of the year will be called :)
Fingers crossed and hope all goes well! And this little fella will keep the beginning of the 2017 hatch along fun :D

My Christmas surprise buff dewlap baby externally pipped this morning, and is on track to arrive on Christmas eve.
wee.gif

I think I will name him Clarence, after the angel in the movie, It's a Wonderful Life. I ordered two pekin females from Metzer today for shipment on Tuesday, so he will have buddies to grow up with. They will be named Holly and Noel.

Happy Holidays, everyone!!

My Christmas surprise buff dewlap baby externally pipped this morning, and is on track to arrive on Christmas eve.
wee.gif

I think I will name him Clarence, after the angel in the movie, It's a Wonderful Life. I ordered two pekin females from Metzer today for shipment on Tuesday, so he will have buddies to grow up with. They will be named Holly and Noel.

Happy Holidays, everyone!!
That's awesome J Look forward to seeing the lil one and your 2 new ones also.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks! Here is my surprise Christmas buff dewlap toulouse baby! Best present ever!
What a great present to have for Christmas! A Buff gosling! Was extremely busy with Christmas etc so I couldn't catch up with my own geese and will be busy till 8th of January.

Christmas has been very busy and it still is so I didn't do much with the geese but I noticed my 2016 batch ganders have been chasing and biting eachother and that only means they're maturing fast and are testing the pecking order. Caught my Buff female from this year mating with one of my males from this year......mating season isn't for another 2 months so let's see how breeding season will go in 2017 haha
Never seen my young ones maturing this early and they are encouraging the older geese to follow their lead
Silly geese :,)

2016 goslings looking well this year. All buffs ended up being female and all the Brown with the Buff gene are males. Dewlaps and knobs beginning to show well :)

Back
Top Bottom