2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

This is what I woke up to this morning! looks like I'm gonna have some Goslings at some point today
big_smile.png
5 had piped by last night, one piped low (the one with the wonky air cell) so will watch that one.. three are zipping as we speak.. Right on time.. day 29 at 5am

Last edited:
Hey Marty, welcome back!

American mom, congrats on all the pipping and zipping!

Things are status quo here with eggs cooking in bator and under broodies. My weekly staggered hatches should begin in 6 days. I'm pretty excited!

Went out to care for the farm and came back to see that these three have popped the tops and heads are out. They are still half in the eggs, I took that opportunity to open the bator (after getting bathroom humidity up) to check the one that piped the wrong end.. I expanded the hole a bit for it, a bit of blood so I moistened the area around (it was dry) and will have to watch it, its cheeping like crazy but obviously not ready...

On edit... It took all of about 5 minuets for them to lunge out of the eggs..
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Oh my! I'm not sure I will survive the next couple days! The anticipation is killing me already.

Lock down started last night! I can't believe how much the air cells grew and dipped in just a day!!! 5 out of 7 still moving!!!!

1f642.png
1f643.png
1f642.png

Hello everyone I am back! Had a very long recovery time. Finally got my kidney transplant 02-03-2015!
Could not hatch out eggs or get near any of the geese or mini horses. For a year.
But this year I have hatch out goslings.

Back
Top Bottom