2016 United Peafowl Convention

Are you going to the 2016 UPA Convention?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
.... can I order some nice pictures .... of Spaldings pied ? ....
hide.gif

I made sure to take photos of the spalding pieds for you Dany. They were moving around a lot so it was hard to get a good picture but I spent a long time in front of the spalding pied pens trying to get a few photos. There were some really nice Spalding pieds this year - more than I remember there being.

I will let you all know when we have the DVD put together. I am still recovering from the convention and finishing school homework. There were a lot of good talks and it was great to see KsKingBee there with his wife Candy. KsKingBee is one of the people who gave a really good talk.

I recorded all the talks and took photos of the peafowl we saw, etc so I got a lot of content for a DVD. Now it is just finding time to put it all together.

I made sure to take photos of the spalding pieds for you Dany. They were moving around a lot so it was hard to get a good picture but I spent a long time in front of the spalding pied pens trying to get a few photos. There were some really nice Spalding pieds this year - more than I remember there being.

I will let you all know when we have the DVD put together. I am still recovering from the convention and finishing school homework. There were a lot of good talks and it was great to see KsKingBee there with his wife Candy. KsKingBee is one of the people who gave a really good talk.

I recorded all the talks and took photos of the peafowl we saw, etc so I got a lot of content for a DVD. Now it is just finding time to put it all together.

Do you have an idea of how much it may cost UPA members?

I believe Loretta said $10.00. I am not sure if that is what the actual cost will be and if UPA members will get a discount or if those that attended the convention will get a discount, etc.

I am also trying to think if I want it to be actual DVDs or if it should be a USB drive with all the clips and photos on it. I know it would be nicer as a DVD...

Here are a few photos:

This is KsKingBee getting ready to start his presentation.

Just a few of the many UPA Auction items.

AugeredIn's farm:

A spalding pied peacock photo for Dany:

Rocking B-A-B Ranch:
Group photo

Another Spalding peacock for Dany. The area that Rocking B-A-B used to use for mostly green peafowl is now almost all for spalding pieds and spalding whites. There are a few pens at the end for the American greens and the imported greens have been moved to brand new pens in the hopes that this will improve their breeding.

Here are the new pens. The smaller ones are all for the imported greens and the last 2 or 3 larger pens are for various types of peafowl.

One of the imported greens catching the sun just right. I think this might be one of the muticus muticus.

Two muticus muticus males preening each other through the fence. Josh told me that once breeding season comes he will put a temporary sight barrier up to prevent the males from fence fighting. The muticus muticus on the right is my favorite bird on the farm. He will walk right up to you and peck gently at your fingers. If you have any food he will eat it out of your hands.

Here is a Sonja's Violeta Pied peacock.

I got to see a violeta eye feather at the convention. It was far more striking than I expected it would be. It was a very dark blueish purple and the eye had a deep golden ring around it. I wasn't really interested in the newer varieties, but I might eventually want a Sonja's Violeta. After all my favorite color is purple but purple peafowl never had the kind of purple look that I wanted.

I believe Loretta said $10.00. I am not sure if that is what the actual cost will be and if UPA members will get a discount or if those that attended the convention will get a discount, etc.

I am also trying to think if I want it to be actual DVDs or if it should be a USB drive with all the clips and photos on it. I know it would be nicer as a DVD...

Here are a few photos:

This is KsKingBee getting ready to start his presentation.

Just a few of the many UPA Auction items.

AugeredIn's farm:

A spalding pied peacock photo for Dany:

Rocking B-A-B Ranch:
Group photo

Another Spalding peacock for Dany. The area that Rocking B-A-B used to use for mostly green peafowl is now almost all for spalding pieds and spalding whites. There are a few pens at the end for the American greens and the imported greens have been moved to brand new pens in the hopes that this will improve their breeding.

Here are the new pens. The smaller ones are all for the imported greens and the last 2 or 3 larger pens are for various types of peafowl.

One of the imported greens catching the sun just right. I think this might be one of the muticus muticus.

Two muticus muticus males preening each other through the fence. Josh told me that once breeding season comes he will put a temporary sight barrier up to prevent the males from fence fighting. The muticus muticus on the right is my favorite bird on the farm. He will walk right up to you and peck gently at your fingers. If you have any food he will eat it out of your hands.

Here is a Sonja's Violeta Pied peacock.

I got to see a violeta eye feather at the convention. It was far more striking than I expected it would be. It was a very dark blueish purple and the eye had a deep golden ring around it. I wasn't really interested in the newer varieties, but I might eventually want a Sonja's Violeta. After all my favorite color is purple but purple peafowl never had the kind of purple look that I wanted.

Let me know when you get the details. What was Bill's presentations on? I had no idea Rocking B-A-B Ranch had Violetas. They're gorgeous. I love all the photos, and the new pens are very impressive!

I believe Loretta said $10.00. I am not sure if that is what the actual cost will be and if UPA members will get a discount or if those that attended the convention will get a discount, etc. I am also trying to think if I want it to be actual DVDs or if it should be a USB drive with all the clips and photos on it. I know it would be nicer as a DVD... Here are a few photos: This is KsKingBee getting ready to start his presentation. Just a few of the many UPA Auction items. AugeredIn's farm: A spalding pied peacock photo for Dany: Rocking B-A-B Ranch: Group photo Another Spalding peacock for Dany. The area that Rocking B-A-B used to use for mostly green peafowl is now almost all for spalding pieds and spalding whites. There are a few pens at the end for the American greens and the imported greens have been moved to brand new pens in the hopes that this will improve their breeding. Here are the new pens. The smaller ones are all for the imported greens and the last 2 or 3 larger pens are for various types of peafowl. One of the imported greens catching the sun just right. I think this might be one of the muticus muticus. Two muticus muticus males preening each other through the fence. Josh told me that once breeding season comes he will put a temporary sight barrier up to prevent the males from fence fighting. The muticus muticus on the right is my favorite bird on the farm. He will walk right up to you and peck gently at your fingers. If you have any food he will eat it out of your hands. Here is a Sonja's Violeta Pied peacock. I got to see a violeta eye feather at the convention. It was far more striking than I expected it would be. It was a very dark blueish purple and the eye had a deep golden ring around it. I wasn't really interested in the newer varieties, but I might eventually want a Sonja's Violeta. After all my favorite color is purple but purple peafowl never had the kind of purple look that I wanted.
Looks like the convention was a success!

Back
Top Bottom