NEW United Peafowl Association Magazine Editor!

What would you like to see most in the UPA magazine?

• More Articles

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Photos

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Color

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A more interesting layout.

• A Meet the member section where each issue a new member is featured.

• Better ad quality.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More pages.

• More information for new peafowl owners.

• More information for experianced peafowl owners.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
I don't think we know the cost yet, but I can look back at last year's convention info to tell you the cost of that to give you a general idea of what it might cost. Last year it was $50.00 for the convention.

The condo is another cost:
"There will be a group discount of 10% and perhaps 15% even if 10 or more rooms are reserved. The price starts at $122.00 a night without any discounts."
This was the cost last year, but I believe the cost for the condo will be the same again this year.

This is the condo most of the UPA stuff will be held at. We meet in the club house. You can stay at the condo or somewhere nearby but I found it really convenient to be so close to everything. Also, the condo is right on the beach so that is a plus.

I will keep everyone updated like I did last year on all the convention info as it becomes available to me.
wink.png

Does anyone know if the condo gives a military discount? That would throw a little more sugar on it and give me another reason to attend and for "the boss of me" to attend and shop of course.

Gerald Barker

I don't think we know the cost yet, but I can look back at last year's convention info to tell you the cost of that to give you a general idea of what it might cost. Last year it was $50.00 for the convention.

The condo is another cost:
"There will be a group discount of 10% and perhaps 15% even if 10 or more rooms are reserved. The price starts at $122.00 a night without any discounts."
This was the cost last year, but I believe the cost for the condo will be the same again this year.

This is the condo most of the UPA stuff will be held at. We meet in the club house. You can stay at the condo or somewhere nearby but I found it really convenient to be so close to everything. Also, the condo is right on the beach so that is a plus.

I will keep everyone updated like I did last year on all the convention info as it becomes available to me.
wink.png
I would stay at the condo. Thank you for the info! I will probably spend sometime on the beach. Mealworms at a local feed store is 30 oz bag at $24 and another tub which I can't remember the weight but it is also $24.

Does anyone know if the condo gives a military discount? That would throw a little more sugar on it and give me another reason to attend and for "the boss of me" to attend and shop of course.

Gerald Barker
Check here for Military discount info for the condo: http://promilitarybusinessnetwork.com/ad2.asp?bid=1684
It says they offer 15% off for Military. Thank you for your service!
smile.png

I would stay at the condo. Thank you for the info! I will probably spend sometime on the beach. Mealworms at a local feed store is 30 oz bag at $24 and another tub which I can't remember the weight but it is also $24.
You don't have to get mealworms my birds will eat anything haha. Lettuce, cabbage, cut up carrots, bread, cat food, peanuts, etc are all some of their favorite foods.

Check here for Military discount info for the condo: http://promilitarybusinessnetwork.com/ad2.asp?bid=1684
It says they offer 15% off for Military. Thank you for your service! :)

And thank you for the info, you are doing a fantastic job and making me want to join.
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

You don't have to get mealworms my birds will eat anything haha. Lettuce, cabbage, cut up carrots, bread, cat food, peanuts, etc are all some of their favorite foods.

It says they offer 15% off for Military. Thank you for your service!
smile.png

I'll bring a loaf of bread for them if I can make it.

Last edited:
The magazine took us longer than expected due to adding and changing things, etc but just now I got off the phone with Loretta and the magazine is about to be sent off to the printer.
smile.png

Birdrain will get this issue sent to him for free since his article is the cover story and he also contributed photos for his article. Actually I almost forgot to give them your address so I just did that!
wink.png
Others who contributed photos will also get this magazine issue for free, unless if they are overseas and then they will get an electronic copy instead of a printed one.

The new website is coming along well as we have a wonderful new webmaster. You can't see the new website at the moment because it is not online yet, but there is a note at the top of the UPA website from the new webmaster.

If you would like to submit an article or photos for the magazine feel free to contact me about submitting things to the Peafowl Today magazine. You don't have to write a several page article, it can be a page long.

If you have any magazine questions feel free to contact me as well.

Thank you for your patience on the magazine,
Alea
UPA Magazine Editor

The magazine took us longer than expected due to adding and changing things, etc but just now I got off the phone with Loretta and the magazine is about to be sent off to the printer.
smile.png

Birdrain will get this issue sent to him for free since his article is the cover story and he also contributed photos for his article. Actually I almost forgot to give them your address so I just did that!
wink.png
Others who contributed photos will also get this magazine issue for free, unless if they are overseas and then they will get an electronic copy instead of a printed one.

The new website is coming along well as we have a wonderful new webmaster. You can't see the new website at the moment because it is not online yet, but there is a note at the top of the UPA website from the new webmaster.

If you would like to submit an article or photos for the magazine feel free to contact me about submitting things to the Peafowl Today magazine. You don't have to write a several page article, it can be a page long.

Alea
UPA Magazine Editor
How much is the magazine for non members?

-Kathy

smile.png

wink.png

Alea
UPA Magazine Editor
Thank you for keeping us posted! I'll be waiting to see it. Getting really excited!

How much is the magazine for non members?

-Kathy
Good question I am not sure but after this reply I will be emailing the BOD to ask about the magazine for non members. I don't even know if the UPA has sold the magazine to non members before, but it is a great thing to start doing and we appreciate your interest in our magazine!

I can't be sure on this since we have gained members, but previously we were printing more magazines than we needed because of the minimum number the printer has in place. Once I find out your question even if we are not able to tell the printer to make another magazine for you we should have an extra if you would like this first issue.

Back
Top Bottom