2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics
I haven't seen anything out of mine. Of course I haven't been looking that much. Attitudes have changed but I'm not sure if it's hormones or they are just still mad at me for selling 3 of their friends a couple of weeks ago. I got the markings that I wanted so I cut back on the amount of white geese I had.
I ended up with a true Tufted Saddleback goose from my hatch last year. Her tuft is bigger than the one on my full Roman goose, makes her look like a vegas show girl. Hoping to continue that line. Also have a Tufted pied gander with a huge Chinese knob, his white makes a complete ring around the base of his neck.
For those that are new, I crossbreed brown Chinese and Tufted romans. I used to cross Brown Chinese & white Chinese as well, but that's not really a crossbreed it's just mixing colors.

I haven't seen anything out of mine. Of course I haven't been looking that much. Attitudes have changed but I'm not sure if it's hormones or they are just still mad at me for selling 3 of their friends a couple of weeks ago. I got the markings that I wanted so I cut back on the amount of white geese I had.
I ended up with a true Tufted Saddleback goose from my hatch last year. Her tuft is bigger than the one on my full Roman goose, makes her look like a vegas show girl. Hoping to continue that line. Also have a Tufted pied gander with a huge Chinese knob, his white makes a complete ring around the base of his neck.
For those that are new, I crossbreed brown Chinese and Tufted romans. I used to cross Brown Chinese & white Chinese as well, but that's not really a crossbreed it's just mixing colors.

None of mine have layed yet either but I'm hoping they will start soon. I haven't seen any mating yet so it may still be a while

The last two years I've gotten my first egg on February 26th. So because of that I'm not getting excited until around that time.

My one Chinese female started laying in December of 2015 then took a break for 2 weeks then layed until May so I don't know what to expect.

Im back for an update my egg was due yesterday...pipped but on the wrong end been like that since yesterday today i picked the shell off around like a zip but left the membrane..it broke the membrane as I was picking shells off so i put it back two second later hes out of the shell and detached from it aswell hes drying now

Im back for an update my egg was due yesterday...pipped but on the wrong end been like that since yesterday today i picked the shell off around like a zip but left the membrane..it broke the membrane as I was picking shells off so i put it back two second later hes out of the shell and detached from it aswell hes drying now
woot.gif
Congrats!! now all we need are pics. No hurry
pop.gif

So it seems like there may be some seasoned Geese breeders on this thread. Do you have any advice? I am in my first laying season of my Geese and have 3 eggs already. What kind of Incubator do you use? Do you set them laying vertical or horizontal? I have Sebastopol's, Buff's and Africans so how long do they typically take to hatch? I have found dates ranging from 28 up to 35 days.

Any advice will be great! I have an Incuview that lays them horizontally.

So it seems like there may be some seasoned Geese breeders on this thread. Do you have any advice? I am in my first laying season of my Geese and have 3 eggs already. What kind of Incubator do you use? Do you set them laying vertical or horizontal? I have Sebastopol's, Buff's and Africans so how long do they typically take to hatch? I have found dates ranging from 28 up to 35 days.

Any advice will be great! I have an Incuview that lays them horizontally.
@8GeeseALaying

So it seems like there may be some seasoned Geese breeders on this thread.  Do you have any advice?  I am in my first laying season of my Geese and have 3 eggs already.  What kind of Incubator do you use?  Do you set them laying vertical or horizontal?  I have Sebastopol's, Buff's and Africans so how long do they typically take to hatch? I have found dates ranging from 28 up to 35 days.

Any advice will be great! I have an Incuview that lays them horizontally.

I use my Brinseas to hatch my geese. Laying them horizontally is what's typically recommended and is what I do. I haven't done buffs or africans, but I have done sebbies and they took about 28-30 days.

Back
Top Bottom