2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law. Hope your goslings bring some lightness to this otherwise dark time.
Thanks Iain. It's been a time of it as my parents' beloved dog died, my girls found one of our cockerels had died overnight for no apparent reason and now they've lost their Grandad. Lots of questions for my youngest girls who are just 1, 3 and 7.
You're right though, the goslings are helping.

Last week I purchased a young Chinese goose/gosling thinking it might be best for Wilbur to have another goose around, when his cockerel companions start getting more interested in the pullets.

Wilbur was afraid of the new goose (Lucy), and although now will hang out in the same area as Lucy, prefers to hang out with the chickens, and his best friend, an Ameraucana named Silver.

Hope he figures out he's a goose when I get the Cotton Patch female, hopefully next year.

Attachments

• DSCN4108.JPG
    DSCN4108.JPG
    696.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN4110.JPG
    DSCN4110.JPG
    605.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN4111.JPG
    DSCN4111.JPG
    539.2 KB · Views: 6
He will it just takes time,my Embden gander Sam was hatched and raised for 5 yrs with Muscovys had never seen another goose until he was almost 5.5 yrs old when I brought home a female Toulouse, she was 4 months old he didn't want anything to do with her and would even run her off from is mate the scovy and himself. I finally had to separate him from the ducks especially his mate duck and after 4 months and mating season he finally fell in love. Now they are inseparable he is 10 and his mate is 5.

You may have to use tough love and separate him from his Ameraucana

Such a strange season. First I had the Canada goose orphan show up, then I had the 4-pack of goslings trampled while hatching that I had to save. Now I have a goose that decided to sit on one of my muscovy ducks' nests and a few days ago, she hatched two muscovy ducklings. So far she is being a good mom, but she looks confused that the ducklings are not goslings.

Yes. The Canada gosling (now juvenile) is still with us. She (I think it's a she) socialized with the wild group that was here a few weeks ago, but is still attached to her parents.
BW with ducklings.jpg
BW with ducklings 2.jpg
BW with ducklings 3.jpg
Canada goose 1.jpg
Canada goose 2.jpg
Here are pics of the new goose mom with her two ducklings and the Canada juvenile. Canada juvenile is next to mom in first picture and in between parents in 2nd pic. 2nd pic shows the complete family subgroup. Quite a hodgepodge with a brown african, grey dewlap, buff production toulouse, and two african/toulouse mixes. :)

Back
Top Bottom