2017 Zodiac Hatch-a-Long

It is the hatch day that counts. You want them to hatch during a waxing moon, in the fruitful signs (the water signs) of Pisces, Cancer, or Scorpio. February 7th & 8th are the favorable hatch days for chicks so setting eggs on January 17-18th was the recommended timing. If you set yours late on the 19th, maybe you'll have at least a few hatch on the 7th.
For the February hatch I too set mine (chicken eggs though) on the 19th of Jan. however & I did include some shipped Svarthöna eggs in this batch and have never hatched shipped eggs let alone Svarthönas before so not sure if they will behave as my other chicks & hatch out a day early:/ hmmm...soon we shall see!
Most likely not. They usually hatch day 17 or 18. Any that hatch day 21-22 are likely to be weaker.

Here he is, our first hatchling of 2017... The little Fire Rooster himself!

@ChickenCanoe Did you get my pm?

Any chick pics to be shared yet?
Yes I did. Sorry I didn't get back with you. I'll be back in town by Monday the 6th.

Sorry, no chick picks my camera bit the dust a month ago and my camera phone died after that.

Here he is, our first hatchling of 2017... The little Fire Rooster himself!

Congratulations!
I have one out too. My hatch countdown timer says they were due 45 minutes ago.
I think there are 14 more to go so overall temp during incubation may have been a bit low.

Back
Top Bottom