Ended 2021 Chicken Gift-Ideas Giveaway - Over $500 In Gifts Up To $35 Each!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211029-125118_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211029-125118_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 1
This seem silly, is what I thought, but we got our first bands as a gift from my sister-in-law. They are so incredibly helpful. We have used a specific color to tag chickens with injury, who are louder than the average hen, to identify whose who when they look like twins, etc.
And to tag birds who might escape, all our ducks have been banded. When flocks flew over us last year, ours tried to fly. They couldn't as they were well fed and their wings had been trimmed, but they might be able to hop and gain enough air to escape.
When someone left the gate open, didn't latch quite right... we were able to go round up our birds because we knew and could identify them.
A simple thing I felt was a frivolous waste of money has been an incredible diverse tool. So helpful. Last week I had three bands in my pocket thru the whole day. I was waiting for the LOUDEST most annoying hens to do their dance and make some noise.
These make a great sticking stuffer and gift.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-162803_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-162803_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 1
I have two... they work great. They typically hold 10-12 eggs. Makes it great for doing chores, frees up your hands to do things. I like it better than a basket. Some of our eggs are muddy as some of our birds are lazy and don't want to go in the coop to the nesting box or someone is in their box. So I do like a basket for dirty eggs. We keep them separate and even wash them and label and keep separate. Usually dirty eggs are cooked for the old dog.

Attachments

• 20211029_163723.jpg
    20211029_163723.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom