Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
12 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
Who's hatching this year? My birds are just not laying - I think they're going to skip a year. The other emu keeper in my area is having the same thing - his emus aren't laying, but his ostriches are, which is way out of season for them. The weird weather this year messed them up, I think.

However, that's not stopping me! I just received four eggs in the mail, and I'm also going to be doing at least another four for a friend of mine who doesn't have a big incubator like I do.

Who else is hatching this year?

Quick tags for those I know might be hatching:

@ShannonsChimkens
@Sneakyturtle
@Strawberry74
:yesss: I have 9 still in out of 10 and definite movement in at least 3, maybe 5. Only about 10 to 15 days to go! Just about to head in to turn and stare and watch for wiggles. It's raining/snowing here so what else do I have to do! Haha!

Thanks for the tag! Will be 👀!

I had to buy all mine as these are my first emu. 5 shipped and 5 local. I just watched them and only see certain movement in 3 of the local eggs for sure. Gosh I hope more of them hatch. I had 3 blonde or white from shipped eggs, but one was stinking and no certain movement on the other 2 🤔

I had 3 blonde or white from shipped eggs, but one was stinking and no certain movement on the other 2 🤔

Who'd you get those from? My friend that I'll be hatching for is getting eggs from blonde/white pairs too and I have only heard of one person doing those, so I wonder if it's the same person.

Mine really aren’t laying either 🤨 6 eggs total and 2 started to stink.

Oddly enough, my friend I got these eggs from is actually in VT as well, but three hours away from me. Her two oldest hens are just laying now for their first year. But no eggs here on my side of the state, and none for my friend who's 15 minutes away from me either.

The eggs I got from her are pretty small, so I don't know how they'll do. But, the ones she has set from them are alive and wiggling and could be due as soon as the 17th, so we'll see how hers turn out.

It's kind of fun because one of her oldest hens is from me - so if these eggs hatch, some of them will be grandchicks of Ciara and Sebastian.

Back
Top Bottom