Ended 2024 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

Pics

BantyChooks

Sing Brightly
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Aug 1, 2015
Europe
My Coop
My Coop
2024_Wattle.png

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

Do you have a favorite bird? Maybe she's extra friendly and comes running when she sees you, or she's the biggest character in the flock. Maybe she was a rescue chicken, or you hatched her yourself! Tell us about your favorite bird!

Prizes-TBD

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to four pictures of your favorite domestic poultry, and you will be entered for a chance to win!

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Four entries per member. One entry per post, please.
  2. An entry is one picture of your domestic poultry and a blurb about why they hold a special place in your heart.
  3. All domestic poultry is allowed (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, peafowl, guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, pigeons, doves, etc.).
  4. The photo needs to have been taken by you.
  5. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  6. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  7. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  8. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  9. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  10. Entries will be accepted until February 17th, 2024, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

Photography tips from fellow BYC members:

Ravioli is my very special “rescue” chicken. I think she’s around 4 years old and she came to us from a neighbor who was going to cull her for egg eating. She is my first chicken outside of my original flock of 4. I spent hours with her every day trying to make sure she integrated okay, i was afraid I’d be her only friend forever! Eventually she was accepted into the flock, but she still seems to be fond of me. I love her so much!
IMG_7410.jpeg

Ravioli is my very special “rescue” chicken. I think she’s around 4 years old and she came to us from a neighbor who was going to cull her for egg eating. She is my first chicken outside of my original flock of 4. I spent hours with her every day trying to make sure she integrated okay, i was afraid I’d be her only friend forever! Eventually she was accepted into the flock, but she still seems to be fond of me. I love her so much!
IMG_7410.jpeg
She is beautiful!

Ravioli is my very special “rescue” chicken. I think she’s around 4 years old and she came to us from a neighbor who was going to cull her for egg eating. She is my first chicken outside of my original flock of 4. I spent hours with her every day trying to make sure she integrated okay, i was afraid I’d be her only friend forever! Eventually she was accepted into the flock, but she still seems to be fond of me. I love her so much! View attachment 3731332
Oh my goodness its Ravioli again! I got so excited to see another picture of her lol! She is adorable! 😍

I have to share Jafar here, too, because she has been my first chicken I had to treat for any chicken ailments and so I’ve bonded with her a bit more than the others. She is so sweet and chatty but she is the lowest on the pecking order, so she sometimes gets picked on. But I make sure to give her extra love!
IMG_9032.jpeg

This is Maryanne, she loves to be cuddled and carried around the yard. She is so sweet but very noisy if I don't go and pick her up so we take strolls around the yard.
View attachment 3731425
She is super cute :love she has that face I couldn’t say no to. What kind is Maryanne? She looks a little like my Ravioli, who I think is a New Hampshire Red, but I’m not sure.

Back
Top Bottom