Ended 2024 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

Pics
1000002200.jpg

My sister's entry:
IMG_5841.JPG

This is Flora MacDonald, our spectacular heroine Cayuga. Her first act upon arriving home from the Post Office was to bite our young Toulouse gander, Antoine, on the bill, although he was many times her size. As a duckling a few days old, she fell asleep in my lap and she still enjoys a cuddle. When about five or six months old (or maybe younger), she defended me from our bratty d’Uccle cockerel Freckles, asking to be let down from my lap so she could tend to the miscreant. She also rescued her Runner duck sister Myrtle Mae from the same cock several times, before Freckles figured out the difference between a duck and a chicken. Flora is very bossy, but at the same time very sweet. While still small, she once tried to dominate our gander, and sometimes when I’m holding her, she dominates me. It’s adorable! She is an extremely calm and courageous duck and I love her to pieces!

Little Poppy , when she had angel wing. It seems to me that runner ducks are more fragile and have more troubles than regular ducks. Yet they are the funniest and friendliest ones as well. Poppy is the one now who stands at the gate waiting for me at treat time. She is also presently suffering from aspergillosis and getting 3 nebulizer treatments daily. 🙏💌
lilpoppy.JPG

Here is Spitzy, my Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben. All our chicks were named with a nature theme… except her. I started calling her “little Spitzy” (we hadn’t picked her name yet!), and it stuck!

She is the silliest girl in the flock. She has a habit of flying with her huge white wings straight out, wheeling side to side like an airplane. I absolutely love her! ❤️

IMG_1338.jpeg

Last edited:
For my last entry, I want to share French Fry, my little stair potato. She always gives me a laugh because she plops down on the stairs to take a rest from chicken stuff. She had to spend some time inside with me last year and she was so sweet and chatty about it. She is a cinnamon queen and I always thought she was a funny looking compared to her sister who is also a CQ. Her neck is a lot shorter and she is much fluffier; it just goes to show how unique they all are, even when they’re the same. I just love her.
IMG_1997.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom