22 week old Easter eggers

mc26

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2023
I have 4 Easter eggers that are all 22 weeks old and none of them are laying. only one of them has a red face and she’s getting a little comb. The others still have really pale faces, are the others late bloomers or should they also have red faces and combs by now? Also I’m in Texas so it’s extra hot and I’ve heard that can cause a delay.

I have 2. They started laying at 20 and 21 weeks. They lay when they are ready and there's nothing you can do to change that, as with all chickens. It's the way God made them. And, no, it's not the feed.keep in mind also that they will lay wherever they feel like laying, not necessarily where you want them too. Check all of the places they go. They are not picky.

Last edited:
I have 2. They started laying at 20 and 21 weeks. They lay when they are ready and there's nothing you can do to change that, as with all chickens. It's the way God made them. And, no, it's not the feed.keep in mind also that they will lay wherever they feel like laying, not necessarily where you want them too. Check all of the places they go. They are not picky.
They stay in the run most of the day even though they have the option to free range, so hopefully they’ll lay there and not in the neighbors corn field, but I’m sure I’ll find out eventually 😂

They stay in the run most of the day even though they have the option to free range, so hopefully they’ll lay there and not in the neighbors corn field, but I’m sure I’ll find out eventually 😂
Yes, they may be laying and you don't know it.

Ees are notorious late bloomers. Just be patient, they'll cross their little legs if they figure out what you're waiting for.
I had heard they were late bloomers, I’m just being impatient. I’m sure it’s also hard on them when it’s over 100 degrees everyday

Back
Top Bottom