3-4 week old chicks - gender? Orps and Wyandottes.

alonelyhiccup

Hatching
Apr 27, 2016
Hello all,
Sorry if you see this twice - I am struggling to work out how to post!
We have got our first ever chickens, they are 3-4 weeks old, hatched around 4-6 April. We have got two buff orps, two gold laced orps, two gold laced wyandottes, and one legbar. They go by the names Mary, Edith, Sybil, Rose, Anna, Daisy, and (hilariously) R2D2. Could anyone help us tell if they are hens or roos? We are fairly confident about the legbar ;)

Thanks all. :)

You've confirmed my thoughts on the buff orp - he has a very pink comb which I think I read somewhere indicates he is a boy. He is huge and bossy. The kids will be sad - they named him R2D2, I named the rest.

I thought the gold laced orps were girls though!
hmm.png
I really hope at least one of them is a pullet as they are so beautiful!

Hi everyone :)

My little chicks are now enormous and rule the garden. How did they grow so much in a month?! I've never had hens before, they are great!

I was wondering if I could get a little more guidance on gender? I'm fairly certain that off the buff orpingtons, we have one cockerel and one pullet. I think both the wyandottes might be pullets. The two gold laced orpingtons are beyond me though, I can't tell at all.

Here is my probable rooster, staring me out, you can see the buff orp that I think is the pullet to the left. Am I right about those two?

Buff orp rooster again:

The gold laced orp in the front here - any ideas? I can't tell at all.

Another of a gold laced orpington. Both the gold laced looks identical, 100% the same, so I suspect it is either two roosters or two pullets.

I'll come back with photos of the wyandottes once they've managed to load on my computer, they are taking hours for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom