3 week old Speckled Sussex gender? UPDATE: 7 week old pics!

The chick is question is now over two years old and the OP hasn't posted since Oct '09 so we may never see the final result of this one. Again, we usually leave educational threads up now, even if they are sitting in rocking chairs with shawls.
lol.png

Quote:
Not what I wanted to hear, but he is a very nice little guy! He falls asleep in your hand if you shade his head. It's so cute, you move your hand over his head and whala! Sleeping chick!

He/she is so young I could be wrong. Even then, nothing wrong with a cockerel IF you plan on hatching some down the road. I have only two adults, and want more too. So I am hatching out a half dozen eggs or so. Good luck with him/her

I would wait a few more weeks just to be sure, I have two that are probably a couple weeks older and they have the beginnings of a comb, so I am waiting to see what happens.

smile.png

I don't have any of that breed, so I'm not sure how it goes...but I have some 6 week old hens that have bigger combs than that... and I think with a roo, the combs are usually redder? Aside from the fact that that bird has somewhat of a comb, I think it could still be a hen! It's a gorgeous chicken by the way!

Back
Top Bottom