3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Wht exactly is a showgirl? I think I know, but I am not too sure... it's a silkie X turken, right?

Does anyone here breed feather legged standards? Aside from silkies?

pop.gif

Ok, here is what hatched-

5 New Hampshire and 3 OEs out of 8 eggs sent from Rockinpaint, a 100 percent hatch!!
ep.gif

1 Silkie and 1 showgirl out of 9 eggs sent from 9catsz. Most of the eggs died around day 17.
sad.png

4 Light Brahmas out of 15 eggs sent from bigdawg. The box was damaged by the P.O, and a few eggs were smashed. P.O-
smack.gif
But still very happy with the Light Brahma chicks.
love.gif

Just lockdowned 2 Icelandic eggs and 6 out of 12 shipped Araucana eggs.
woot.gif

CONGRATS TO ALL who have chicks hatch!!
woot.gif
It was fun!!

I'm still receiving nominations.

PM me your choice of best overall hatch participant....

Just stop, think about this hatch and it's participants and PM me your choice.

Quote:
Well I still have a bunch of pages to catch up but looks like Peep_Show is the winner of my First Chick After Midnight comp. Congratulations!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
Wow! Thanks! Perhaps my luck has changed with the new year...this is a nice start. Let me know if/when it's official. I'd like to thank The Academy and the sponsors, but most of all little Bravo who really pulled through when asked to. A fuzzy inspiration to us all... As are ALL the chicks that have participated! Congratulations hatchers one and all on a fine looking crop of fuzzlings

My entry for Sumatra503's Cutest Chick Hatched Photo Contest

"What do you mean...I"M THE ONLY ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS!!!!", shouted the splash barnie chick as he realized he's the only one who's white!
30473_splash_chick.jpg

30473_dsc01436.jpg

30473_dsc01458.jpg

Quote:
Depends on the size of the box, which can depend on the number of eggs. All shippers I've bought from sent them in the Flat Rate USPS boxes (I'd quote a price, but I think rates are changing this week sometime). Eggs are usually individually wrapped (bubble wrap, newspaper) and then sometimes put in egg cartons, but a vast majority of eggs I've gotten have them free floating in some sort of box filler (peanuts, shredded newspaper).

Quote:
Just depends on how far you're sending, how many and type of shipment. Usually costs me between $13 and $17 for shipping. Then there's also the cost of materials, but I've had better luck with wrapping in paper than bubble wrap, so usually use newspaper.

Back
Top Bottom