3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Chickenstock May 3rd, 2014

Do we have to sign up to bring birds? I have a ton of heritage turkeys (royal palm, blue slate, lavender/lilac, ect) plus Americauna chicks and possibly others (barred Americauna, Rhodebar). How is this all set up?

Do we have to sign up to bring birds? I have a ton of heritage turkeys (royal palm, blue slate, lavender/lilac, ect) plus Americauna chicks and possibly others (barred Americauna, Rhodebar). How is this all set up?

I don't think you have to. Get ahold of thebirdguy to know for sure. I think all you do is post what you are bringing and Sean (thebirdguy) will make sure you have a spot.

So how do we want to organize the free drawing? We're down to the wire on getting this figured out. ??? Ideas?

Also, I'm going to be bringing bunnies as well as birds. I hope that's okay.

Oh no not bunnies!!! Then I will want those, too!! Lol
Maybe for the drawing there could be a box at the main entrance & people could write their names on some slips of paper... And we could decide a time for the drawing so people can be there... I would think it would be easiest if they have to be present to claim the prize... If I am going to give away some chicks, I don't want to be trying to contact someone later to pick them up...

Oh no not bunnies!!! Then I will want those, too!! Lol
Maybe for the drawing there could be a box at the main entrance & people could write their names on some slips of paper... And we could decide a time for the drawing so people can be there... I would think it would be easiest if they have to be present to claim the prize... If I am going to give away some chicks, I don't want to be trying to contact someone later to pick them up...
Yes, I think it would be best if they had to be there. If we have a board that lists what is being given away then maybe they should write what they'd be interested in so that folks don't get something they don't want. Not everyone is going to want baby chicks but would really like a pullet, for example. ???

ok for the drawing.. i am going to throw in a baby chick, but not telling you what yet, but it just may be a Black "whitefaced" Spanish Bantam.. who knows or maybe a Blue Red laced Wyondotte Bantam.. but it could be anything as i got about 8 different breeds of babies right now

Last edited:
One of my jubilee orpingtons has decided he's going to make the trip to Chickenstock. He wants to be a greeter. He's very well behaved. I'll be bringing some of his brothers offspring who is a mahogany jubilee unlike Rodney here who is a diamond jubilee.

Back
Top Bottom